The battle between CBS and Time Warner Cable has spilled over into cyberspace: The network says it will bar people who subscribe to TWC’s broadband service from seeing full episodes of TV shows normally available on CBS.com. “As soon as CBS is restored on Time Warner Cable systems in affected markets, that content will be accessible again,” says spokesman Dana McClintock. TWC says this goes too far, showing “utter lack of regard for consumers… including our high-speed data only customers.” Since CBS “enjoys the privilege of using public owned airwaves to deliver their programming – they should not be allowed to abuse that privilege.” TWC has about 11M broadband subscribers.
CBS Blocks Online Programming For Time Warner Cable’s Internet Customers
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Bill Cosby Fights Again To Stop Sexual Assault Case Moving Forward
- Will Hollywood’s Flood Of Franchises Beat ‘Star Wars’-Fueled 2015 Toy Sales?
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Obamageddon Is In Effect As POTUS Arrives In L.A. For ‘Ellen’ & Fundraisers – Update