The battle between CBS and Time Warner Cable has spilled over into cyberspace: The network says it will bar people who subscribe to TWC’s broadband service from seeing full episodes of TV shows normally available on CBS.com. “As soon as CBS is restored on Time Warner Cable systems in affected markets, that content will be accessible again,” says spokesman Dana McClintock. TWC says this goes too far, showing “utter lack of regard for consumers… including our high-speed data only customers.” Since CBS “enjoys the privilege of using public owned airwaves to deliver their programming – they should not be allowed to abuse that privilege.” TWC has about 11M broadband subscribers.
CBS Blocks Online Programming For Time Warner Cable’s Internet Customers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Business News
- Veteran Cirque Du Soleil Performer Dies After Fall During Tampa Show
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize: Report
- The Roots Cancel SXSW Concert After Bomb Threat
- Ellen Barkin Says “Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam” After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
- Kathy Griffin Comeback Show At Carnegie Hall Nearly Sells Out In A Day
- Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And “Targeted Their Inner Demons”…