The producers who brought Sherlock Holmes to New York for CBS, are doing the same with some other classic literary characters. CBS has put in development Dorothy, a drama project from Elementary executive producers Carl Beverly and Sarah Timberman. The project, from CBS TV Studios where Timberman/Beverly Prods. is based, is described as a medical soap based in New York City inspired by the characters and themes from The Wizard of Oz. Emily Fox (Ghost Whisperer) will write the script and executive produce with Beverly and Timberman. L. Frank Baum’s 1900 novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz has been pursued for screen adaptations and interpretations for decades now, including the 1939 feature classic which will soon mark its 75th anniversary. In addition to Dorothy, Syfy is currently developing Warriors Of Oz, a mini-series project from Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov that is described as a fantasy-action reimagining of the classic story. Beverly and Timberman’s series credits also include Unforgettable, Justified and Masters Of Sex.
CBS Developing ‘Wizard Of Oz’-Themed Medical Drama From Timberman/Beverly
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Kelen Coleman Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Me, Myself & I’; Roberto Aguire Joins CBS’ Paul Attanasio Drama
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says
- Oscar Ratings Down Double Digits In Demo; 32.9M Viewership Hits 9-Year Low – Update
- Fox News’ Longtime Ad Sales Exec Paul Rittenberg To Leave In April
- Jeremy Piven To Topline ‘Wisdom Of The Crowd’ CBS Drama Pilot
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…