The producers who brought Sherlock Holmes to New York for CBS, are doing the same with some other classic literary characters. CBS has put in development Dorothy, a drama project from Elementary executive producers Carl Beverly and Sarah Timberman. The project, from CBS TV Studios where Timberman/Beverly Prods. is based, is described as a medical soap based in New York City inspired by the characters and themes from The Wizard of Oz. Emily Fox (Ghost Whisperer) will write the script and executive produce with Beverly and Timberman. L. Frank Baum’s 1900 novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz has been pursued for screen adaptations and interpretations for decades now, including the 1939 feature classic which will soon mark its 75th anniversary. In addition to Dorothy, Syfy is currently developing Warriors Of Oz, a mini-series project from Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov that is described as a fantasy-action reimagining of the classic story. Beverly and Timberman’s series credits also include Unforgettable, Justified and Masters Of Sex.
CBS Developing ‘Wizard Of Oz’-Themed Medical Drama From Timberman/Beverly
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor