EXCLUSIVE: While NBC is grappling with controversy triggered by its planned miniseries about Former Secretary Of State Hillary Clinton, CBS is putting in development a drama series about a fictional female Secretary of State. Madame Secretary, from Joan Of Arcadia creator Barbara Hall and Oscar winner Morgan Freeman, explores the personal and professional life of a maverick female Secretary of State as she drives international diplomacy, wrangles office politics and balances a complex family life. Hall is writing the project, from CBS TV Studios and Freeman’s Revelations Entertainment. She is executive producing with Revelations’ Freeman, Lori McCreary and Tracy Mercer. Hall is with UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham; Freeman is with CAA. NBC’s mini Hillary, which has led to the network’s exclusion from GOP primary presidential debates, recounts Clinton’s life as a wife, mother, politician and cabinet member from 1998 to the present, including her four-year stint as Secretary of State. The project is still looking for a studio after a deal with Fox TV Studios fell through.
CBS Developing Female Secretary Of State Drama From Barbara Hall & Morgan Freeman
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres