EXCLUSIVE: While NBC is grappling with controversy triggered by its planned miniseries about Former Secretary Of State Hillary Clinton, CBS is putting in development a drama series about a fictional female Secretary of State. Madame Secretary, from Joan Of Arcadia creator Barbara Hall and Oscar winner Morgan Freeman, explores the personal and professional life of a maverick female Secretary of State as she drives international diplomacy, wrangles office politics and balances a complex family life. Hall is writing the project, from CBS TV Studios and Freeman’s Revelations Entertainment. She is executive producing with Revelations’ Freeman, Lori McCreary and Tracy Mercer. Hall is with UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham; Freeman is with CAA. NBC’s mini Hillary, which has led to the network’s exclusion from GOP primary presidential debates, recounts Clinton’s life as a wife, mother, politician and cabinet member from 1998 to the present, including her four-year stint as Secretary of State. The project is still looking for a studio after a deal with Fox TV Studios fell through.
CBS Developing Female Secretary Of State Drama From Barbara Hall & Morgan Freeman
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Latest TV News
- ‘American Idol’ Recovers From Series Low On Sunday
- Ben Silverman & Howard T. Owens' Propagate Invests In Edouard De Vesinne’s French Production Firm Incognita
- Dick Wolf’s ‘Cold Justice’ & ‘Criminal Confessions’ Renewed By Oxygen
- ‘The Last O.G.’ & ‘Search Party’ Renewed At TBS
- CBS All Access Launches In Canada, Marking First Expansion Outside The U.S.
- Rose McGowan’s ‘Citizen Rose’ Limited Series Gets Air Date On E!