The Comcast CEO teamed up with World Bank President Jim Kim and former U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk in a game with President Obama today at the Vineyard Golf Club on Martha’s Vineyard, according to the White House Pool Report. This coveted access to the leader of the free world may excite the imaginations of conspiracy theorists. But Brian Roberts has been close to the president for years. He endorsed the Affordable Care Act, was appointed to the White House’s Jobs and Competitiveness Council, and hosted a reception for Obama on Martha’s Vineyard two years ago. Comcast EVP David Cohen was a major fundraiser for the president’s re-election campaign.
Brian Roberts Joins President For Golf
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Relativity Names Steven Mnuchin Co-Chairman As Part Of Investment Shuffle
- 'Star Wars Rebels' Renewed For Second Season On Disney XD
- UPDATE: RealD Responds To Starboard Value's Buyout Offer, Which Sent The 3D Company's Shares Soaring
- DirecTV Secures Renewal Of NFL Sunday Ticket With Added Streaming Rights
- Media Stocks Swoon As Wall Street Frets Over Factory Activity And Ebola
- Is The 'Crouching Tiger 2′ Dispute A Brilliant PR Gambit For Netflix?