The Comcast CEO teamed up with World Bank President Jim Kim and former U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk in a game with President Obama today at the Vineyard Golf Club on Martha’s Vineyard, according to the White House Pool Report. This coveted access to the leader of the free world may excite the imaginations of conspiracy theorists. But Brian Roberts has been close to the president for years. He endorsed the Affordable Care Act, was appointed to the White House’s Jobs and Competitiveness Council, and hosted a reception for Obama on Martha’s Vineyard two years ago. Comcast EVP David Cohen was a major fundraiser for the president’s re-election campaign.
Brian Roberts Joins President For Golf
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest Business News
- Relativity Surprise: Stalking Horse To Pay $125M For TV Business
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- UTA & ICM Accused Of Forming TV “Cartel” with WME & CAA In New Complaint From Boutique Agency
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office
- ‘Lost In Hong Kong’ Rises To $167M+ After Only 7 Days In China — Int’l Box Office
- Ryan Kavanaugh’s Relativity Bid Not Solid; “Nothing’s Sealed,” Source Says