The Comcast CEO teamed up with World Bank President Jim Kim and former U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk in a game with President Obama today at the Vineyard Golf Club on Martha’s Vineyard, according to the White House Pool Report. This coveted access to the leader of the free world may excite the imaginations of conspiracy theorists. But Brian Roberts has been close to the president for years. He endorsed the Affordable Care Act, was appointed to the White House’s Jobs and Competitiveness Council, and hosted a reception for Obama on Martha’s Vineyard two years ago. Comcast EVP David Cohen was a major fundraiser for the president’s re-election campaign.
Brian Roberts Joins President For Golf
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Why Wall Street Remains Wary About Viacom
- Are Advertisers Getting Ready To Leave The Super Bowl Party?
- Univision Extends CEO Randy Falco’s Contract To 2018
- Nickelodeon Developing A Direct-To-Consumer Subscription Service
- Viacom Q4 Revenues Miss Expectations With 6% Drop In U.S. Ad Sales
- NBC (Finally) Sells Out Super Bowl Ad Inventory