It will be a monster last hurrah for AMC’s Breaking Bad, which opened its final eight-episode run last night with 5.9 million viewers, a series high that doubled the drama’s season five premiere last summer. Last night’s opener delivered 3.3 million adults 25-54 and 3.6 million adults 18-49, second only to AMC’s mega-hit The Walking Dead in 18-49 across all cable. Immediately following Breaking Bad, the premiere of AMC’s new drama Low Winter Sun drew 2.5 million viewers, a solid number but less than half of the massive Breaking Bad lead-in. To close AMC’s first-ever three-premiere night, the Breaking Bad after-show Talking Bad debuted with 1.2 million viewers. On Saturday night, AMC’s Hell on Wheels returned with a two-hour season three premiere, delivering 2.5 million viewers, up 2% from the season two premiere, which aired on a Sunday, and double AMC’s Saturday primetime average.
‘Breaking Bad’ Returns To Record Ratings
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Stephen Gaghan To Direct AMC Pilot 'White City'
- ABC Buys Family Comedy From Eric Falconer & Greg Garcia
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
- ER Drama 'Code Black' From Michael Seitzman Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer