Rocket Raccoon may have found his voice. Bradley Cooper is in deep negotiations with Marvel to join Guardians Of The Galaxy as the furry gun-toting hero. While nothing is solid yet, this is actually quite far along. I’m hearing from multiple sources that it could be a done deal between the actor and Disney-owned Marvel early next week. Latino Review first reported that Cooper and Marvel were talking. Coming just a week after the Silver Linings Playbook actor joined Warner Bros’ Lance Armstrong pic as a producer and potential star, this latest move is Cooper’s first foray into the superhero world even if it is in voice only. It would also be the actor’s debut handling the vocals for an animated character. Cooper would also be the final addition to the now filming James Gunn-directed pic. He would join Chris Pratt, Benicio del Toro, Zoe Saldana and Glenn Close among others. As I reported earlier this month, Van Diesel is talking to Marvel too about coming on board to GOTG. The Fast & Furious star would voice the tree-like Groot character in the film, which is set to be released on August 1, 2014. Bradley Cooper is repped by CAA.
Bradley Cooper Close To Joining Marvel’s ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Who Is The Social Media King Of Oscar Best Picture Nominees?
- Brad Grey Hosts Farewell For His Paramount Executives
- Lionsgate Sets ‘Most Likely To Murder’; ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom & Adam Pally Star
- Serialized Storyteller Serial Box Signs With Janklow & Nesbit
- Watch Harrison Ford’s Close Call At California Airport
- Disney Films To Show On Imax Through 2019 With New Distribution Deal