Rocket Raccoon may have found his voice. Bradley Cooper is in deep negotiations with Marvel to join Guardians Of The Galaxy as the furry gun-toting hero. While nothing is solid yet, this is actually quite far along. I’m hearing from multiple sources that it could be a done deal between the actor and Disney-owned Marvel early next week. Latino Review first reported that Cooper and Marvel were talking. Coming just a week after the Silver Linings Playbook actor joined Warner Bros’ Lance Armstrong pic as a producer and potential star, this latest move is Cooper’s first foray into the superhero world even if it is in voice only. It would also be the actor’s debut handling the vocals for an animated character. Cooper would also be the final addition to the now filming James Gunn-directed pic. He would join Chris Pratt, Benicio del Toro, Zoe Saldana and Glenn Close among others. As I reported earlier this month, Van Diesel is talking to Marvel too about coming on board to GOTG. The Fast & Furious star would voice the tree-like Groot character in the film, which is set to be released on August 1, 2014. Bradley Cooper is repped by CAA.
Bradley Cooper Close To Joining Marvel’s ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Robert E. Howard’s Conan The Barbarian, Kull And Other Creations Acquired By Fredrik Malmberg
- SXSW Comedy ‘Addicted To Fresno’ Lands At Gravitas Ventures
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title & Focus Features
- Imax Shares Leap As It Announces Hong Kong IPO Plan
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature