Bradley Cooper has made his deal with Marvel Studios to join Guardians Of The Galaxy to voice furry gun-toting hero Rocket Raccoon. The news was made official on Marvel’s website just now. Talk first surfaced last week that Cooper and Marvel were in deep negotiations. The casting marks Cooper’s first foray into the superhero world and his debut voicing an animated character. Cooper would also be the final addition to the James Gunn-directed pic, which has already started filming in the UK. He joins Chris Pratt, Benicio Del Toro, Zoe Saldana, Glenn Close, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker and John C. Reilly in the cast, and Vin Diesel has been talking about coming on board to voice the tree-like Groot. Disney is set to release Guardians on August 1, 2014. Cooper, who earlier this month joined Warner Bros’ Lance Armstrong pic as a producer and potential star, is repped by CAA. He’s next up in Sony’s American Hustle in December, a pic that reunited him with his Silver Linings Playbook director David O Russell. Cooper earned an Oscar nom for that pic.
Bradley Cooper Confirmed For ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Role
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings