Bradley Cooper has made his deal with Marvel Studios to join Guardians Of The Galaxy to voice furry gun-toting hero Rocket Raccoon. The news was made official on Marvel’s website just now. Talk first surfaced last week that Cooper and Marvel were in deep negotiations. The casting marks Cooper’s first foray into the superhero world and his debut voicing an animated character. Cooper would also be the final addition to the James Gunn-directed pic, which has already started filming in the UK. He joins Chris Pratt, Benicio Del Toro, Zoe Saldana, Glenn Close, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker and John C. Reilly in the cast, and Vin Diesel has been talking about coming on board to voice the tree-like Groot. Disney is set to release Guardians on August 1, 2014. Cooper, who earlier this month joined Warner Bros’ Lance Armstrong pic as a producer and potential star, is repped by CAA. He’s next up in Sony’s American Hustle in December, a pic that reunited him with his Silver Linings Playbook director David O Russell. Cooper earned an Oscar nom for that pic.
Bradley Cooper Confirmed For ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl Box…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun. AM…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency