Cynthia Kim previously was VP International Sales and Distribution at Exclusive Media and is joining Blumhouse International just in time for the Toronto Film Festival, where she and founder-CEO Jason Blum will be selling Visions, the company’s latest micro-budget effort a la The Purge and the upcoming Joe Carnahan action comedy Stretch. Kim has been named SVP International Sales and Distribution and will oversee sales in Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, Scandinavia, Spain, Switzerland, UK, Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, Latin America, Australia and Canada. Remaining territories are handled by IM Global via a servicing deal; BHI handles sales of films outside Blumhouse’s first-look deal with Universal. At Exclusive, Kim oversaw territory sales for titles like End Of Watch, The Woman In Black, The Ides Of March and upcoming films Rush and A Walk Among The Tombstones. Before that she worked at Paramount Vantage and on the finance side at Sony Pictures. Blumhouse International launched at Cannes this year where it sold Stretch to Universal. The studio has set a March 21, 2014 release date for it with Patrick Wilson, Ed Helms, Chris Pine and Brooklyn Decker starring.
Toronto: Blumhouse Int’l Taps Cynthia Kim For Key Sales Role
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Vivendi's Vincent Bollore Angles To Become Europe's Powerhouse Cable, Web & Phone Provider
- R.I.P. Theodore J. Flicker, Creator of 'Barney Miller'
- 'Whiplash', 'The Good Lie' Win Top Awards At Deauville American Film Festival
- DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On The Contenders Emerging From The Festival
- Hot Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is 'John Wick'
- Brian d'Arcy James Joins 'Spotlight'; Ruby Jerins Cast In 'Louder Than Bombs'; Beau Knapp Gets Role In 'The Finest Hours'