Cynthia Kim previously was VP International Sales and Distribution at Exclusive Media and is joining Blumhouse International just in time for the Toronto Film Festival, where she and founder-CEO Jason Blum will be selling Visions, the company’s latest micro-budget effort a la The Purge and the upcoming Joe Carnahan action comedy Stretch. Kim has been named SVP International Sales and Distribution and will oversee sales in Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, Scandinavia, Spain, Switzerland, UK, Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, Latin America, Australia and Canada. Remaining territories are handled by IM Global via a servicing deal; BHI handles sales of films outside Blumhouse’s first-look deal with Universal. At Exclusive, Kim oversaw territory sales for titles like End Of Watch, The Woman In Black, The Ides Of March and upcoming films Rush and A Walk Among The Tombstones. Before that she worked at Paramount Vantage and on the finance side at Sony Pictures. Blumhouse International launched at Cannes this year where it sold Stretch to Universal. The studio has set a March 21, 2014 release date for it with Patrick Wilson, Ed Helms, Chris Pine and Brooklyn Decker starring.
Toronto: Blumhouse Int’l Taps Cynthia Kim For Key Sales Role
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Kyle Bornheimer Joins Netflix’s ‘Little Evil’; Mira Sorvino Goes ‘Behind The Glass’
- ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Adds ‘Emerald City’s Adria Arjona