The latest Woody Allen film will grow in screens from 229 to more than 1200 nationwide this weekend, the studio said today, making it Allen’s most widely released film surpassing 2011’s Midnight In Paris. Blue Jasmine has grossed $9.9 million since its platform release July 26, when it averaged $102K-plus in six theaters. It has been growing steadily since. It’s the last expansion for a Sony Pictures Classics film, after it boosted the run of Before Midnight following its strong debut in May.
Sony Classics Expanding ‘Blue Jasmine’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $56M: But Why Is It Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Dips Below $60M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Bit By ‘Pets’ — Box Office…
- 'Absolutely Fabulous' Binges On The Big Screen; Mike Birbiglia Tackles Improv: Specialty Preview
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Climbs On Social Media After Moving Comic-Con World Premiere
- ‘The Conjuring 2’ Crosses $300M & Becomes Third-Highest-Grossing Horror Franchise
- Tony Danza Game For ‘White Rabbit Red Rabbit’ Play