The latest Woody Allen film will grow in screens from 229 to more than 1200 nationwide this weekend, the studio said today, making it Allen’s most widely released film surpassing 2011’s Midnight In Paris. Blue Jasmine has grossed $9.9 million since its platform release July 26, when it averaged $102K-plus in six theaters. It has been growing steadily since. It’s the last expansion for a Sony Pictures Classics film, after it boosted the run of Before Midnight following its strong debut in May.
Sony Classics Expanding ‘Blue Jasmine’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'