The latest Woody Allen film will grow in screens from 229 to more than 1200 nationwide this weekend, the studio said today, making it Allen’s most widely released film surpassing 2011’s Midnight In Paris. Blue Jasmine has grossed $9.9 million since its platform release July 26, when it averaged $102K-plus in six theaters. It has been growing steadily since. It’s the last expansion for a Sony Pictures Classics film, after it boosted the run of Before Midnight following its strong debut in May.
Sony Classics Expanding ‘Blue Jasmine’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- ABC Reveals New Logo For 'The View', Teases In-The-Round Set
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date