FX has given a pilot greenlight to Bigfoot, an animated comedy series based on Graham Roumieu’s faux Bigfoot autobiography graphic novels In Me Own Words, Me Write Book, And I Not Dead. Written by Matt McKenna (American Dad) and executive produced by Seth Rogen, the FX Prods-produced project revolves around Bigfoot, everyone’s favorite crypto-zoological hominid, as a modern-day everyman who struggles with life’s philosophical quandaries as well as his own animalistic tendencies. “This will be the greatest show about an animated Bigfoot ever made,” Rogen said. Executive producing the pilot are McKenna; Point Grey Pictures’ Rogen and Evan Goldberg; Roumieu; Mosaic’s Jimmy Miller and Sam Hansen; and Floyd County Prods’ Adam Reed and Matt Thompson. Animation remains a priority for FX, which has been looking to expand its offerings beyond hit Archer and has new animated series Chosen, exec produced by Danny McBride, launching on FXX. The pickup of Bigfoot brings the number of FX comedy pilots in production to seven, including The Comedians, starring Billy Crystal and Josh Gad; Death Pact, starring Tracy Morgan; the untitled Andrew Gurland pilot, starring Nat Faxon and Judy Greer; The Last Girlfriend On Earth from Broadway Video; How And Why from Charlie Kaufman; and You’re The Worst from Stephen Falk.
Seth Rogen-Produced ‘Bigfoot’ Animated Comedy Gets Pilot Order At FX
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres