EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has greenlighted Big Time In Hollywood, FL, a single-camera comedy from Ben Stiller‘s Red Hour. Kathy Baker and Stephen Tobolowsky have been cast in the project, written/executive produced by comedy duo Alex Anfanger and Dan Schimpf. Big Time follows two delusional brothers, who are self-proclaimed filmmakers, as they are kicked out of their parents’ (Baker, Tobolowsky) house and end up on an epic cinematic journey. Also executive producing are Red Hour’s Stiller, Debbie Liebling, Stuart Cornfeld and Mike Rosenstein and Brillstein Entertainment’s Brian Stern and Lee Kernis. Filming is slated to begin later this month. This is the second green light at Comedy Central for Red Hour, which also has recently ordered stand-up comedy series The Meltdown With Jonah And Kumail, which will spotlight hot comedians. The company also has sketch comedy series The Birthday Boys picked up at IFC. Anfanger and Schimpf, both NYU Tisch Arts 2008 graduates, met when they were randomly paired as roommates in their freshman year and immediately started collaborating by shooting comedic shorts. After graduation, they created the hit web series Next Time On Lonny, which is produced by Red Hour and is currently filming a second season. Additionally, Anfanger will be seen in Stiller’s Fox feature The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty. The duo are repped by Brillstein and attorney Lev Ginsburg; Red Hour is with WME.
Ben Stiller-Produced Sibling Comedy Gets Pilot Order At Comedy Central, Casts Duo
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race