EXCLUSIVE: Ben Rappaport, who toplined NBC’s comedy series Outsourced, is set as the lead in USA‘s single-camera comedy pilot Love Is Dead. Written and executive produced by Zev Borow (Chuck) based on the award-winning French short film of the same name, Love Is Dead is a comedic exploration of modern romance in reverse, break-up first. It is set at an agency that specializes in breaking up romantic relationships on behalf of those who are willing to pay to not be around when it happens. It centers on Alex (Rappaport) who, after he’s dumped by a representative of the agency, vows to find out what it is, specifically, that’s wrong with him — by taking a job at the company. Lorene Scafaria is directing the pilot, with Universal Cable Prods and Gaumont International Television producing. Rappaport is with Gersh, Invictus Entertainment and Rick Genow; Scafaria is with CAA and Joy Gorman.
Ben Rappaport To Play The Lead In USA’s Comedy Pilot ‘Love Is Dead’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Warner Bros New Digital Unit Unveils Name & Slate: Mortal Kombat & Static Shock Series; Akiva Goldsman Project
- 'Faking It' Gets Order For 10 More Episodes From MTV
- Christian Slater To Star In USA Pilot 'Mr. Robot'
- IFC Ups Christine Lubrano To SVP Original Programming, Hires Development Execs
- Resolution Agent Ian Greenstein Joins Gersh
- Pop Picks Up Eugene Levy Comedy 'Schitt's Creek' As First Original Scripted Series