EXCLUSIVE: Ben Rappaport, who toplined NBC’s comedy series Outsourced, is set as the lead in USA‘s single-camera comedy pilot Love Is Dead. Written and executive produced by Zev Borow (Chuck) based on the award-winning French short film of the same name, Love Is Dead is a comedic exploration of modern romance in reverse, break-up first. It is set at an agency that specializes in breaking up romantic relationships on behalf of those who are willing to pay to not be around when it happens. It centers on Alex (Rappaport) who, after he’s dumped by a representative of the agency, vows to find out what it is, specifically, that’s wrong with him — by taking a job at the company. Lorene Scafaria is directing the pilot, with Universal Cable Prods and Gaumont International Television producing. Rappaport is with Gersh, Invictus Entertainment and Rick Genow; Scafaria is with CAA and Joy Gorman.
Ben Rappaport To Play The Lead In USA’s Comedy Pilot ‘Love Is Dead’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres