Matt Smith’s replacement as the Tardis travelling Time Lord will be announced on August 4 in a live Doctor Who special on BBC America, the broadcaster said today. Hosted by Zoe Ball, the half hour Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor will air at 11 AM PT and will be shown on BBC One in the UK simultaneously. The BBC says the actor taking over the role of the Twelfth Doctor Who will be interviewed on the show as will Smith, the show’s EP Steven Moffat, past Doctors and other guests. It was announced in early June that Smith would be leaving the role of the Eleventh Doctor after nearly four years. He is shooting his final episode now, and will depart later this year. The news comes as the series preps a 50th anniversary special set for November 23. The new Doctor will make his or her debut in the annual Christmas Special.
BBC America To Reveal New Doctor Who This Weekend
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- The Hillbillies Have Eyes In New ‘American Horror Story’ Season 6 Teasers
- Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: “First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America’s On A Roll!”
- Stephen Colbert Welcomes Comedy Central ‘Broad City’ Talent To ‘Late Show’
- Hillary Clinton Rips Donald Trump For “Bigotry & Bombast” In DNC Speech
- Hollywood Reacts To Hillary Clinton DNC Speech: Making History Leads Way Amid Jokes & Jibes
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love