Matt Smith’s replacement as the Tardis travelling Time Lord will be announced on August 4 in a live Doctor Who special on BBC America, the broadcaster said today. Hosted by Zoe Ball, the half hour Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor will air at 11 AM PT and will be shown on BBC One in the UK simultaneously. The BBC says the actor taking over the role of the Twelfth Doctor Who will be interviewed on the show as will Smith, the show’s EP Steven Moffat, past Doctors and other guests. It was announced in early June that Smith would be leaving the role of the Eleventh Doctor after nearly four years. He is shooting his final episode now, and will depart later this year. The news comes as the series preps a 50th anniversary special set for November 23. The new Doctor will make his or her debut in the annual Christmas Special.
BBC America To Reveal New Doctor Who This Weekend
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest TV News
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Bill Hader
- ‘SNL’ Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic Park…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars