EXCLUSIVE: Law & Order alum Barry Schindel has closed a deal to board CBS’ midseason drama series Intelligence as executive producer and showrunner, working closely with the series creator/executive producer Michael Seitzman. Schindel replaces Rene Echevarria who departed last month after joining the project at the pilot stage. Intelligence, from ABC Studios and CBS TV Studios, is set to premiere February 24, taking over the Monday 10 PM slot from Hostages. It stars Josh Holloway and Marg Helgenberger and centers on U.S. Cyber Command unit which has been created around one agent (Holloway) who’s had a microchip implanted in his brain that allows him to access the entire Global Information Grid. CAA-repped Schindel currently consults on another CBS procedural, Unforgettable. The former trial attorney also has worked on CBS’ Numbers and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior and on ABC’s Castle. Earlier this year, Schindel teamed with Brett Ratner for Tomorrow, a script-to-series drama project at ABC financed by Reliance’s Georgeville Television.
Barry Schindel Joins New CBS Drama Series ‘Intelligence’ As Exec Producer/Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Viceland Taps Marc Liepis As VP Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90
- Aisha Hinds To Star As Harriet Tubman In ‘Underground’ Season 2
- Michael Phelps Dives Into ‘America’s Got Talent’ Co-Hosting Gig Tonight
- BBC America To Air ‘Star Trek’ Marathon In Runup To ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere