EXCLUSIVE: Law & Order alum Barry Schindel has closed a deal to board CBS’ midseason drama series Intelligence as executive producer and showrunner, working closely with the series creator/executive producer Michael Seitzman. Schindel replaces Rene Echevarria who departed last month after joining the project at the pilot stage. Intelligence, from ABC Studios and CBS TV Studios, is set to premiere February 24, taking over the Monday 10 PM slot from Hostages. It stars Josh Holloway and Marg Helgenberger and centers on U.S. Cyber Command unit which has been created around one agent (Holloway) who’s had a microchip implanted in his brain that allows him to access the entire Global Information Grid. CAA-repped Schindel currently consults on another CBS procedural, Unforgettable. The former trial attorney also has worked on CBS’ Numbers and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior and on ABC’s Castle. Earlier this year, Schindel teamed with Brett Ratner for Tomorrow, a script-to-series drama project at ABC financed by Reliance’s Georgeville Television.
Barry Schindel Joins New CBS Drama Series ‘Intelligence’ As Exec Producer/Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Defies 'Gravity' On Friday; 'Everest' & 'The Walk' In Large Format Quandary - Saturday AM Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”
- For ‘Limitless,’ ‘Rosewood’ And Other New Shows, Is 15 Minutes All It Takes To Win?
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- ‘Quantico’ Gets 2nd Encore After Strong L3 Ratings, ‘Beyond the Tank’ Pushed