EXCLUSIVE: Law & Order alum Barry Schindel has closed a deal to board CBS’ midseason drama series Intelligence as executive producer and showrunner, working closely with the series creator/executive producer Michael Seitzman. Schindel replaces Rene Echevarria who departed last month after joining the project at the pilot stage. Intelligence, from ABC Studios and CBS TV Studios, is set to premiere February 24, taking over the Monday 10 PM slot from Hostages. It stars Josh Holloway and Marg Helgenberger and centers on U.S. Cyber Command unit which has been created around one agent (Holloway) who’s had a microchip implanted in his brain that allows him to access the entire Global Information Grid. CAA-repped Schindel currently consults on another CBS procedural, Unforgettable. The former trial attorney also has worked on CBS’ Numbers and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior and on ABC’s Castle. Earlier this year, Schindel teamed with Brett Ratner for Tomorrow, a script-to-series drama project at ABC financed by Reliance’s Georgeville Television.
Barry Schindel Joins New CBS Drama Series ‘Intelligence’ As Exec Producer/Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate