EXCLUSIVE: Law & Order alum Barry Schindel has closed a deal to board CBS’ midseason drama series Intelligence as executive producer and showrunner, working closely with the series creator/executive producer Michael Seitzman. Schindel replaces Rene Echevarria who departed last month after joining the project at the pilot stage. Intelligence, from ABC Studios and CBS TV Studios, is set to premiere February 24, taking over the Monday 10 PM slot from Hostages. It stars Josh Holloway and Marg Helgenberger and centers on U.S. Cyber Command unit which has been created around one agent (Holloway) who’s had a microchip implanted in his brain that allows him to access the entire Global Information Grid. CAA-repped Schindel currently consults on another CBS procedural, Unforgettable. The former trial attorney also has worked on CBS’ Numbers and Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior and on ABC’s Castle. Earlier this year, Schindel teamed with Brett Ratner for Tomorrow, a script-to-series drama project at ABC financed by Reliance’s Georgeville Television.
Barry Schindel Joins New CBS Drama Series ‘Intelligence’ As Exec Producer/Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Sam Rockwell To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In January
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Ends War On Christmas As Omarosa Begs Forgiveness
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture
- ‘SNL’ Cast Member Pete Davidson Shows Off Hillary Clinton Tattoo
- Agent Olivia Metzger Leaving CAA; Clients Include Jeff Glor, Hoda Kotb: Report