EXCLUSIVE: The former Twilight Saga actress is going for the laughs. Ashley Greene has joined the cast of the Lorne Michaels- and John Goldwyn- produced comedy Staten Island Summer. Helmed by longtime Saturday Night Live director-producer Rhys Thomas and written by the late-night show’s head scribe Colin Jost, the pic follows the summer after high school graduation that friends Danny and Frank spend as poolside lifeguards. With the former off to Harvard and the latter unsure of what he wants to do next, the movie lays out the different directions the pals’ lives are about to take. Greene’s character in the Paramount movie is member of the pool club and the daughter of an overly protected mobster. It is also fair to say the actress plays the object of at least one of the boys’ desires. Set to start production later this month in New York, Staten Island Summer makes four the number of films Greene now has coming out. She stars in CBGB, about the famed NYC punk rock club, The Weinstein Company’s Random and Zach Braff’s Kickstarter funded film Wish I Was Here. Greene is repped by CAA and McKeon Myones Management.
Ashley Greene Joins Lorne Michaels-Produced ‘Staten Island Summer’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit