EXCLUSIVE: The former Twilight Saga actress is going for the laughs. Ashley Greene has joined the cast of the Lorne Michaels- and John Goldwyn– produced comedy Staten Island Summer. Helmed by longtime Saturday Night Live director-producer Rhys Thomas and written by the late-night show’s head scribe Colin Jost, the pic follows the summer after high school graduation that friends Danny and Frank spend as poolside lifeguards. With the former off to Harvard and the latter unsure of what he wants to do next, the movie lays out the different directions the pals’ lives are about to take. Greene’s character in the Paramount movie is member of the pool club and the daughter of an overly protected mobster. It is also fair to say the actress plays the object of at least one of the boys’ desires. Set to start production later this month in New York, Staten Island Summer makes four the number of films Greene now has coming out. She stars in CBGB, about the famed NYC punk rock club, The Weinstein Company’s Random and Zach Braff’s Kickstarter funded film Wish I Was Here. Greene is repped by CAA and McKeon Myones Management.
Ashley Greene Joins Lorne Michaels-Produced ‘Staten Island Summer’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
Latest Film News
- Sean Penn On Acting: “I'm Not In Love With That Anymore"
- ‘Taken’ Helmer Pierre Morel To Direct ‘The New Mrs. Keller’ With Claes Bang Set As Lead
- ‘Fonzo’: Jack Lowden Joins Al Capone Biopic Starring Tom Hardy
- Cannes Speculation 2018: Intrigue Spikes As Fest Lineup Reveal Looms
- John McEnroe Documentary Being Served Up For August Release Via Oscilloscope
- Netflix Sets May Start For Wash Westmoreland’s ‘The Earthquake Bird’; Alicia Vikander, Riley Keough To Star