APA says it has signed 21-year-old award-winning web cartoonist/comic and graphic novelist Noelle Stevenson in all areas. Most recently, Stevenson sold her graphic novel Nimona to HarperCollins in competitive bidding; it will be published in 2015. A graduate of the Maryland Institute College of Arts, Stevenson created the character of Nimona as an offshoot of her Ginger Haze art blog. Nimona is set in a fantasy/science fiction universe in which rambunctious Nimona is sidekick to Lord Ballister Blackheart, a knight-turned-mad scientist who battles nemesis Sir Ambrosius Goldenloin. Stevenson is currently writing an episode of the Adventure Time creators’ web TV show The Bravest Warriors on Cartoon Hangover for Frederator. The recipient of this year’s first Cartoonist’s Studio Prize award for Best Web Comic, Stevenson was also just nominated for Best Online Comic for the 2013 Harvey Awards — one of the comic book industry’s oldest and most respected awards. The winner will be announced September 7th. Stevenson is also repped by publishing agent Charlie Olsen at InkWell Management.
APA Signs Web Cartoonist & Graphic Novelist Noelle Stevenson
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jessie Ennis Joins 'Veep'; Gladys Knight In 'Empire'
- Mark Gordon To Receive Producers Guild's Norman Lear Award
- James Caan, Kevin Dillon, Sam Huntington Top Crackle Feature 'The Throwaways'
- NBC News To Air First Live Broadcast Of Global Citizen Festival Featuring Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, The Roots
- USA's 'Benched' Gets Premiere Date: Video
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Charles Dance Hints That Tywin Lannister Might Be Alive