The Season 3 end of The Killing pulled in an audience of 1.5 million for AMC last night. The two-hour finale of the cancelled and then resurrected crime drama garnered a 1.2 household rating. That’s up 9% from the 1.1 rating that show’s Season 2 finale on June 17, 2012 received. It is also up from the 1.4 million viewers the show garnered for its second season ender. Overall, Season 3’s average of 1.5 million viewers was essentially steady with the series’ last cycle average. On the flip side, last night’s result is down from the 1.8 million viewers and 1.4 rating that The Killing’s season opener had on June 2 this year. Last night’s episode was also down from the 2.7 million who tuned in for the series’ debut on April 3, 2011, which remains the show’s all-time viewership high. The latest season, which starred Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman along with new cast members Peter Sarsgaard, Elias Koteas and Amy Seimetz, focused on a new case, which was resolved over this cycle’s run. There’s been no official word yet that The Killing is coming back for a Season 4 but sources say it looks good.
AMC’s ‘The Killing’ Season Finale Up From Last Year
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- Kobe Bryant Says Current NBA Season Will Be His Last
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update