Amazon Studios has greenlighted a pilot for the original children’s series Maker Shack Agency, produced by Electus. It follows the exploits of 13-year-old inventor Angus Wolfe, aka “Wolfie,” and his two best friends and fellow “makers,” Jo and Merle, in the hardscrabble town of Akron. These three teenage thinkers and tinkerers use all branches of science and personal ingenuity to solve their client’s problems by making a new invention every episode. The production crew from Maker Shack Agency will team with research and development company Applied Minds and their scientists, engineers and programmers to design gadgets that will be featured in the show to inspire a new generation of inventors. Maker Shack Agency joins five other new kids pilots greenlighted by Amazon last month, including Gortimer Gibbon’s Life On Normal Street, Grid Smasher, Hard-Boiled Eggheads, The Jo B. & G. Raff Show, and Wishenpoof! The pilots will be available on Amazon Instant Video early next year for all customers to watch and provide feedback. Amazon Studios’ first set of pilots launched in April with eight comedy pilots and six kids pilots. Of the 14 pilots, comedies Alpha House and Betas and kids pilots Annebots, Creative Galaxy and Tumble Leaf went to series. The shows will stream on Prime Instant Video later this year and in early 2014.
Amazon Studios Orders Another Kids Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'