Amazon Studios has greenlighted a pilot for the original children’s series Maker Shack Agency, produced by Electus. It follows the exploits of 13-year-old inventor Angus Wolfe, aka “Wolfie,” and his two best friends and fellow “makers,” Jo and Merle, in the hardscrabble town of Akron. These three teenage thinkers and tinkerers use all branches of science and personal ingenuity to solve their client’s problems by making a new invention every episode. The production crew from Maker Shack Agency will team with research and development company Applied Minds and their scientists, engineers and programmers to design gadgets that will be featured in the show to inspire a new generation of inventors. Maker Shack Agency joins five other new kids pilots greenlighted by Amazon last month, including Gortimer Gibbon’s Life On Normal Street, Grid Smasher, Hard-Boiled Eggheads, The Jo B. & G. Raff Show, and Wishenpoof! The pilots will be available on Amazon Instant Video early next year for all customers to watch and provide feedback. Amazon Studios’ first set of pilots launched in April with eight comedy pilots and six kids pilots. Of the 14 pilots, comedies Alpha House and Betas and kids pilots Annebots, Creative Galaxy and Tumble Leaf went to series. The shows will stream on Prime Instant Video later this year and in early 2014.
Amazon Studios Orders Another Kids Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'Black Panther' Still Boss At The B.O. Running Toward $600M+; 'Tomb Raider' At $22M-$24M - Midday Update
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Netflix Boards Coming-Of-Age Slasher Movie With 'Stranger Things' Outfit 21 Laps And James Wan's Atomic Monster
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed
- ‘In Between Lives’ Casts Anne-Marie Johnson; Raffi Barsoumian Cracks ‘The Code’