EXCLUSIVE: After an extensive search, British actor Adam Rayner has been cast as the lead in the high-profile drama pilot Tyrant, from Homeland executive producers Howard Gordon and Gideon Raff and Six Feet Under alum Craig Wright. Created by Raff, developed by Gordon and Wright and to be directed by David Yates, FX’s Tyrant tells the story of an unassuming American family — Barry (Rayner), Molly and their kids — drawn into the workings of a turbulent Middle East nation. Gordon, Raff and Wright executive produce in association with Keshet Broadcasting. The Fox 21-produced project, which will film the pilot in Morocco, has a big commitment at FX and is expected to go to series. Rayner, repped by Paula Rosenberg, Innovative Artists and attorney Jamie Feldman, recently played the title role in the Simon West-directed pilot The Saint. He also co-starred opposite Melissa George on the Cinemax/BBC spy drama Hunted.
Adam Rayner Lands The Lead In Howard Gordon’s Pilot ‘Tyrant’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21