The broadcast networks are officially done with their upfront commitments as ABC, which had been holding out in a standoff with ad agencies, has closed the upfront book. The network is not commenting, but sources indicate ABC landed CPM increases of 7%-8% for a volume that is on par (or slightly below) last year’s $2.3 billion. The company is expected to provide more detail on its upfront performance during the Disney earnings call next Tuesday. Overall, it has been a challenging upfront market for the broadcast networks amid an across-the-board live viewing ratings erosion. NBC is the only network to lock in double-digit volume increases as the net continues its rebound after a couple of down years.
ABC Wraps Upfront Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate