The broadcast networks are officially done with their upfront commitments as ABC, which had been holding out in a standoff with ad agencies, has closed the upfront book. The network is not commenting, but sources indicate ABC landed CPM increases of 7%-8% for a volume that is on par (or slightly below) last year’s $2.3 billion. The company is expected to provide more detail on its upfront performance during the Disney earnings call next Tuesday. Overall, it has been a challenging upfront market for the broadcast networks amid an across-the-board live viewing ratings erosion. NBC is the only network to lock in double-digit volume increases as the net continues its rebound after a couple of down years.
ABC Wraps Upfront Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Solid With Host Larry David
- Three Best GOP Debate Moments – From Ben Carson’s Kickoff Fumble To Candidate Contretemps
- Video – Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson Zoolander-ize Hillary, Bernie & Donald On ‘SNL’