EXCLUSIVE: Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers’ Shondaland has set up its fourth project this development season. ABC has put in development drama How To Get Away With Murder, from Shondaland and ABC Studios, where the company is based. Written by Grey’s Anatomy supervising producer Peter Nowalk, How To Get Away With Murder is described as a sexy, suspense-driven legal thriller about a group of ambitious law students and their brilliant, mysterious criminal defense professor who become entangled in a murder plot that will rock their entire university and change the course of their lives. Nowalk, Rhimes and Beers executive produce. This is the consecutive second year that Shondaland is developing with Nowalk, who has been on Rhimes’ Grey’s Anatomy since 2008. Last fall, the company sold an FBI drama penned by Nowalk to NBC. How To Get Away With Murder joins three other projects Shondaland has sold to ABC so far this summer, dramas from Mistresses developer/executive producer KJ Steinberg and Made In Jersey creator Dana Calvo, and a comedy from Cougar Town co-executive producers Christine Pietrosh and Jessica Goldstein. Rhimes is with ICM Partners; Nowalk and Beers are with UTA.
ABC Buys Legal Thriller From Shondaland & ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Writer
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates