EXCLUSIVE: ABC has put in development Every Other Saturday, a single-camera comedy from British writer Neil Forsyth, Jon Pollack (Go On, 30 Rock), Amblin Television and Universal TV. It revolves around a good-hearted yet multiply flawed father trying to win over his son after a divorce, despite only having custody every other Saturday. The show was created by Forsyth, whom Amblin found in the UK and brought to the States. The company developed Every Other Saturday internally before introducing Forsyth to Pollack, with whom Amblin TV toppers Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey previously worked on another ABC/DreamWorks TV comedy series, Spin City. Pollock came on board and will supervise and showrun through his overall deal at Universal TV. At ABC, Amblin TV has new drama series Lucky 7 as well as comedy pilot Middle Age Rage, which was kept in contention. The WME-repped company is behind the biggest sale so far this season, sci-fi spec Extant, which landed a straight-to-series order at CBS. Amblin’s other on-air series include CBS’ summer breakout Under The Dome, FX’s The Americans and TNT’s Falling Skies, all recently renewed.
ABC Buys Father-Son Comedy From Jon Pollack & Amblin TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- Doug Jones Victory Lap: “This Campaign Has Been About Common Courtesy And Decency”
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online
- Alabama Votes Dem Doug Jones To U.S. Senate In Stunning Upset