EXCLUSIVE: ABC has put in development Every Other Saturday, a single-camera comedy from British writer Neil Forsyth, Jon Pollack (Go On, 30 Rock), Amblin Television and Universal TV. It revolves around a good-hearted yet multiply flawed father trying to win over his son after a divorce, despite only having custody every other Saturday. The show was created by Forsyth, whom Amblin found in the UK and brought to the States. The company developed Every Other Saturday internally before introducing Forsyth to Pollack, with whom Amblin TV toppers Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey previously worked on another ABC/DreamWorks TV comedy series, Spin City. Pollock came on board and will supervise and showrun through his overall deal at Universal TV. At ABC, Amblin TV has new drama series Lucky 7 as well as comedy pilot Middle Age Rage, which was kept in contention. The WME-repped company is behind the biggest sale so far this season, sci-fi spec Extant, which landed a straight-to-series order at CBS. Amblin’s other on-air series include CBS’ summer breakout Under The Dome, FX’s The Americans and TNT’s Falling Skies, all recently renewed.
ABC Buys Father-Son Comedy From Jon Pollack & Amblin TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- Max Greenfield Makes Reservation For ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82