EXCLUSIVE: ABC has put in development Every Other Saturday, a single-camera comedy from British writer Neil Forsyth, Jon Pollack (Go On, 30 Rock), Amblin Television and Universal TV. It revolves around a good-hearted yet multiply flawed father trying to win over his son after a divorce, despite only having custody every other Saturday. The show was created by Forsyth, whom Amblin found in the UK and brought to the States. The company developed Every Other Saturday internally before introducing Forsyth to Pollack, with whom Amblin TV toppers Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey previously worked on another ABC/DreamWorks TV comedy series, Spin City. Pollock came on board and will supervise and showrun through his overall deal at Universal TV. At ABC, Amblin TV has new drama series Lucky 7 as well as comedy pilot Middle Age Rage, which was kept in contention. The WME-repped company is behind the biggest sale so far this season, sci-fi spec Extant, which landed a straight-to-series order at CBS. Amblin’s other on-air series include CBS’ summer breakout Under The Dome, FX’s The Americans and TNT’s Falling Skies, all recently renewed.
ABC Buys Father-Son Comedy From Jon Pollack & Amblin TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Tim Peper, Mercedes Mason & Josh Pence Cast In AMC Pilot 'White City'
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Soft, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong, 'Sleepy…
- Finnish Fantasy Series 'Nymphs' To Be Adapted By Entertainment One Television