EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, a single-camera comedy from The McCarthys creator Brian Gallivan has landed at ABC with a significant, high seven-figure penalty. The untitled project reunites the auspices behind CBS pilot The McCarthys: writer/executive producer Gallivan, Sony TV and executive producer Will Gluck and his Sony-based Olive Bridge Prods. The new project centers on an overworked father dreaming of being “on vacation all year” who decides to uproot his family from the city and move them to New Hampshire where they open a group of tourist cottages. And where they rarely, if ever, feel like they’re on vacation. Gallivan, who hails from New England (he grew up in the Boston area where he taught middle school language arts before embarking on a comedy career), will write the script and will executive produce with Gluck and Olive Bridge’s Richie Schwartz. For Gallivan, the project stems from an overall deal he signed with Sony TV in May. Meanwhile McCarthys, originally developed and picked up to pilot by CBS last season, is prepping a new pilot at CBS, with Gallivan converting the project from single-camera to a multi-camera. Gallivan is with CAA; Gluck with UTA.
ABC Buys Family Comedy From Brian Gallivan And Will Gluck With Major Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest TV News
- SXSW Announces Lyor Cohen As Keynote, ‘This Is Us’, ‘The Chi’ Cast & Creators As…
- ‘Caught In Providence’ Court Show Picked Up By Fox Stations For Fall 2018
- Keaton Jones’ Mom On Confederate Flag: “We’re Not Racist”, She Tells Morning News Shows
- BritBox Steals March On SVOD Rivals With ‘Vera’ Deal
- Sen. Gillibrand Responds To Donald Trump’s Vulgar Tweet: “You Cannot Silence Me”
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For…