EXCLUSIVE: Shameless and Black Sails actor Zach McGowan has been added to the Gary Shore-directed Dracula: Year Zero. He’ll play a character called Shkelgim, a gypsy chief, in the origin story that has Luke Evans as Prince Vlad, the man who would become the storied bloodsucker. Dominic Cooper also stars. Michael De Luca and Alissa Phillips are producers on the pic, which Matt Sazama and Burt Sharpless wrote based on Bram Stoker’s iconic novel. Universal has set an August 8, 2014 release. McGowan recently did a multi-season stint on Showtime’s Shameless and plays Captain Charles Vane in the Starz original pirate series Black Sails which debuts next year. He’s repped by Innovative Artists and Intellectual Artists Management.
Zach McGowan Joins Universal’s ‘Dracula’
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans
- ‘Just Getting Started’ Trailer: Morgan Freeman & Tommy Lee Jones Are Rivals-Turned-Partners
- Zak Olkewicz To Adapt ‘Time Salvager’ For Michael Bay At Paramount
- ‘All I See Is You’ Trailer: Blake Lively Regains Sight In Open Road’s Upcoming Thriller
- ‘It’ Becomes Biggest-Ever September Release With $218.8M As ‘Mother!’ Gets F Report Card & Dismal $7.5M – Monday…
- Teyana Taylor, Blair Underwood & French Montana To Topline Netflix Comedy ‘The After Party’