EXCLUSIVE: WME has signed Ilya Naishuller, the writer-director whose spring release of his short film Bad Motherfucker, a first-person POV filled with violence and mayhem, got nearly 23 million YouTube and Vimeo hits. The short caught the eye of fellow Russian filmmaker Timur Bekmembatov. That led to Naishuller’s current feature project Hardcore, a first-person POV action film with sci-fi elements that has Sharlto Copley set to star. Bekmembatov is producing along with Naishuller, Katia Kononeko and Inga Vainshtein. Besides filmmaking, the Russia-born, English-educated Naishuller is also the frontman of the punk band Biting Elbows. Their music appears in Bad Motherfucker. He continues to be repped by Inga Vainshtein of IV Management. Here is his short film:
WME Signs Web-Fave Filmmaker Ilya Naishuller
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'