WEtv has ordered six one-hour episodes of the unscripted SWV – Sisters With Voices, which will profile the R&B trio’s make-it-or-break-it comeback. It’s set to premiere in early 2014. Cheryl “Coko” Clemons, Leanne “Lelee” Lyons and Tamara “Taj” Johnson were at the top of the music charts after a string of hits in the 1990s, but in-fighting and drama lead to their demise. After a 15-year separation the trio reunited in an attempt to recapture their fame. The series will follow SWV as they write new music, tour and finally face the issues that ended their friendship and their careers once before. Sisters With Voices is produced by Entertainment One Television and executive produced by Tara Long, John Morayniss, Jeff Hervert, Howie Miller and Jennifer Long. Kate Farrell serves as executive producer for WEtv.
WEtv Greenlights ‘SWV – Sisters With Voices’ Unscripted Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Brad Pitt's Plan B To Receive PGA's 2015 Visionary Award
- 'The Omen' & 'The Krays' Billie Whitelaw Dead At 82
- UK Magician Troy Von Scheibner To Star In New Unscripted Series On Syfy
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return