WEtv has ordered six one-hour episodes of the unscripted SWV – Sisters With Voices, which will profile the R&B trio’s make-it-or-break-it comeback. It’s set to premiere in early 2014. Cheryl “Coko” Clemons, Leanne “Lelee” Lyons and Tamara “Taj” Johnson were at the top of the music charts after a string of hits in the 1990s, but in-fighting and drama lead to their demise. After a 15-year separation the trio reunited in an attempt to recapture their fame. The series will follow SWV as they write new music, tour and finally face the issues that ended their friendship and their careers once before. Sisters With Voices is produced by Entertainment One Television and executive produced by Tara Long, John Morayniss, Jeff Hervert, Howie Miller and Jennifer Long. Kate Farrell serves as executive producer for WEtv.
WEtv Greenlights ‘SWV – Sisters With Voices’ Unscripted Series
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'