WEtv has ordered six one-hour episodes of the unscripted SWV – Sisters With Voices, which will profile the R&B trio’s make-it-or-break-it comeback. It’s set to premiere in early 2014. Cheryl “Coko” Clemons, Leanne “Lelee” Lyons and Tamara “Taj” Johnson were at the top of the music charts after a string of hits in the 1990s, but in-fighting and drama lead to their demise. After a 15-year separation the trio reunited in an attempt to recapture their fame. The series will follow SWV as they write new music, tour and finally face the issues that ended their friendship and their careers once before. Sisters With Voices is produced by Entertainment One Television and executive produced by Tara Long, John Morayniss, Jeff Hervert, Howie Miller and Jennifer Long. Kate Farrell serves as executive producer for WEtv.
WEtv Greenlights ‘SWV – Sisters With Voices’ Unscripted Series
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way