WEtv has ordered six one-hour episodes of the unscripted SWV – Sisters With Voices, which will profile the R&B trio’s make-it-or-break-it comeback. It’s set to premiere in early 2014. Cheryl “Coko” Clemons, Leanne “Lelee” Lyons and Tamara “Taj” Johnson were at the top of the music charts after a string of hits in the 1990s, but in-fighting and drama lead to their demise. After a 15-year separation the trio reunited in an attempt to recapture their fame. The series will follow SWV as they write new music, tour and finally face the issues that ended their friendship and their careers once before. Sisters With Voices is produced by Entertainment One Television and executive produced by Tara Long, John Morayniss, Jeff Hervert, Howie Miller and Jennifer Long. Kate Farrell serves as executive producer for WEtv.
WEtv Greenlights ‘SWV – Sisters With Voices’ Unscripted Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'