WEtv has ordered six one-hour episodes of the unscripted SWV – Sisters With Voices, which will profile the R&B trio’s make-it-or-break-it comeback. It’s set to premiere in early 2014. Cheryl “Coko” Clemons, Leanne “Lelee” Lyons and Tamara “Taj” Johnson were at the top of the music charts after a string of hits in the 1990s, but in-fighting and drama lead to their demise. After a 15-year separation the trio reunited in an attempt to recapture their fame. The series will follow SWV as they write new music, tour and finally face the issues that ended their friendship and their careers once before. Sisters With Voices is produced by Entertainment One Television and executive produced by Tara Long, John Morayniss, Jeff Hervert, Howie Miller and Jennifer Long. Kate Farrell serves as executive producer for WEtv.
WEtv Greenlights ‘SWV – Sisters With Voices’ Unscripted Series
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks