EXCLUSIVE: Werner Herzog, who has an eclectic run ranging from the documentary Into The Abyss and Cave Of Forgotten Dreams to playing the heavy opposite Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher, has taken another intriguing turn. He directed One Second To The Next, a documentary film that shows the aftermath of texting and driving. To give voice to the individuals whose lives were changed forever by drivers taking their eyes off the road for even a few seconds, Herzog used the people who have been featured in the “It Can Wait” ad campaign sponsored by AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile. The film will premiere in the Pacific Design Center’s Silver Screen theater in Los Angeles on August 8 and be distributed to almost 40,000 schools across the country along with hundreds of government and safety organizations. It will also be on the website ItCanWait.com and available on-demand from those carriers with cable services, AT&T U-verse and Verizon FiOS. Herzog decided to make a documentary after directing this 30-second spot:
Werner Herzog Takes On Texting & Driving
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Netflix Sets 'Crouching Tiger 2′ As 1st Feature; Hollywood's Nightmare?
- 'Boyhood's Richard Linklater Baseball Pic Fielded By Annapurna, Paramount
- Matt Bomer Joins Ryan Gosling & Russell Crowe In 'The Nice Guys'
- 'Saturday Night Live' Debut: Who Directed This Hot Mess?
- Gerard Butler Eyes Babak Najafi As 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Helmer
- Bart & Fleming: On 70s Films, UA Resurrection, Goat Horns And Glory