EXCLUSIVE: Werner Herzog, who has an eclectic run ranging from the documentary Into The Abyss and Cave Of Forgotten Dreams to playing the heavy opposite Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher, has taken another intriguing turn. He directed One Second To The Next, a documentary film that shows the aftermath of texting and driving. To give voice to the individuals whose lives were changed forever by drivers taking their eyes off the road for even a few seconds, Herzog used the people who have been featured in the “It Can Wait” ad campaign sponsored by AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile. The film will premiere in the Pacific Design Center’s Silver Screen theater in Los Angeles on August 8 and be distributed to almost 40,000 schools across the country along with hundreds of government and safety organizations. It will also be on the website ItCanWait.com and available on-demand from those carriers with cable services, AT&T U-verse and Verizon FiOS. Herzog decided to make a documentary after directing this 30-second spot:
Werner Herzog Takes On Texting & Driving
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest Film News
- Why Is Comcast Still So Hot For Fox?
- ‘Show Dogs’ Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
- ‘Mulan’: Utkarsh Ambudkar & Ron Yuan Added To Disney’s Live-Action Adaptation
- Harvey Weinstein Faces Federal Sex Crimes Probe As NYC & LA Cases Amble
- Military Hero John Chapman’s Incredible Story To Come To Big Screen, Courtesy Of Thruline Entertainment
- Bill Hader & Alec Berg Bringing ‘Barry’ To Produced By Conference