William H. Macy, Virginia Madsen, Peter Facinelli, Andrew J West and Justin Kirk have come aboard the dramedy Walter, about a young man who believes that he is actually the son of God. As such, the eternal destiny of everyone he encounters is his responsibility — which is a lot to manage along with his job at a movie theater, his loving but neurotic mother, and his growing but unspoken affection for his co-worker. Life becomes even more complicated when a mysterious figure appears who forces Walter to examine the true meaning of life. Neve Campbell, Leven Rambin and Milo Ventimiglia co-star in the pic, which has started shooting in Indiana and LA and is based on a short story written by Paul Schoulberg, who also wrote the screenplay. West plays Walter as he did in the 2010 short film of the same name. McG protege Anna Mastro is making her feature directing debut on the feature version, which is being produced by Zero Gravity’s Mark Holder and Christine Holder along with Brendan Patrick Hill, Ryan Harris and Benito Mueller.
William H Macy And Virginia Madsen Top Indie Dramedy ‘Walter’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake