William H. Macy, Virginia Madsen, Peter Facinelli, Andrew J West and Justin Kirk have come aboard the dramedy Walter, about a young man who believes that he is actually the son of God. As such, the eternal destiny of everyone he encounters is his responsibility — which is a lot to manage along with his job at a movie theater, his loving but neurotic mother, and his growing but unspoken affection for his co-worker. Life becomes even more complicated when a mysterious figure appears who forces Walter to examine the true meaning of life. Neve Campbell, Leven Rambin and Milo Ventimiglia co-star in the pic, which has started shooting in Indiana and LA and is based on a short story written by Paul Schoulberg, who also wrote the screenplay. West plays Walter as he did in the 2010 short film of the same name. McG protege Anna Mastro is making her feature directing debut on the feature version, which is being produced by Zero Gravity’s Mark Holder and Christine Holder along with Brendan Patrick Hill, Ryan Harris and Benito Mueller.
William H Macy And Virginia Madsen Top Indie Dramedy ‘Walter’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM