Here’s your first real look at VH1‘s biopic of female R&B group TLC, starring Keke Palmer as Chilli, Lil Mama as Left Eye, and Drew Sidora as T-Boz. The 2-minute CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story teaser is light on behind the scenes story but highlights some painstaking reenactments of the group’s most totally ’90s moments and music videos, including their iconic “Waterfalls” video. Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins and Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas, the two surviving members of TLC who also consulted on and exec produced the pic, announced they’ve re-signed with LA Reid and Epic Records for the October 15 release of a new album of greatest hits and new songs, including the Ne-Yo penned “Meant To Be” which appears in the film. The TLC blitz continues as Lil Mama joins T-Boz and Chilli at this week’s Mixtape Festival performing in place of Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes, who died in a 2002 crash. Charles Stone III (Drumline) is directing from a script by Kate Lanier (What’s Love Got To Do With It). CrazySexyCool will premiere on VH1 on October 21:
VH1’s ‘CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story’ Debuts October 21: First Look Teaser
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE