EXCLUSIVE: Three weeks into its run, USA Network’s new unscripted series Summer Camp is being relocated from its Thursday 8 PM time slot to Mondays 11 PM beginning August 5. There, the show will follow USA’s juggernaut WWE Raw. Summer Camp got off to a slow start, drawing 1.1 million viewers for its July 11 premiere. That was a little better than the debut of USA’s other new unscripted series, The Moment, which pulled 950,000 in its April debut. (That show was eventually relocated to Fridays). But Summer Camp fared far better in the younger demos (661,000 adults 18-49, up 86%, 422,000 in 18-34, up 215%), leading to USA’s decision to give the show a shot in a different slot. USA is getting behind Summer Camp’s move to Mondays — on Aug. 5, host Matt Rodgers and contestant Brooke will be featured on Raw. The network brass are hoping that the sizable Raw audience will stick for Summer Camp as the two programs have similar young median ages (36.3 for Summer Camp, 40.9 for Raw). Raw packs some two million adults 18-49 and one million adults 18-34 in the 10-11 PM hour leading to Summer Camp. Meanwhile, Summer Camp has indicated it might perform better later in the the night — its 11PM encore on July 25 out-delivered the 8PM premiere by 17% in 18-49 and by 9% in 18-34 and was nearly 7 years younger.
USA Moves ‘Summer Camp’ To Mondays 11 PM
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Defies 'Gravity' On Friday; 'Everest' & 'The Walk' In Large Format Quandary - Saturday AM Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”
- For ‘Limitless,’ ‘Rosewood’ And Other New Shows, Is 15 Minutes All It Takes To Win?
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- ‘Quantico’ Gets 2nd Encore After Strong L3 Ratings, ‘Beyond the Tank’ Pushed