This often happens in the summer, when Univision runs original programming. Still, it’s a significant victory for the Spanish-language network with the annual Premios Juventud youth awards show with stars including Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull drawing an average audience of nearly 5M. That made Univision No. 2 behind CBS in total viewers for the night and the three-hour broadcast No. 1 in the adults 18-49 demo, topping second-place CBS by 24%. In the demo it beat originals from ABC’s Motive, Wipeout and Rookie Blue, CBS’ Big Brother, NBC’s The Winner Is… and Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen. The awards show was top rated in primetime in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, and Sacramento. Among U.S. Hispanic viewers, it beat the combined totals for the most recent American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, and Golden Globes.
Univision Awards Show ‘Premios Juventud’ Tops Networks In Key Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Obamageddon Hits Westside With POTUS Fundraisers & Road Closures
- Tegna Blacks Out Dish Network Customers In 38 Markets
- The ABCs Of Relativity: What Happened In Its Bankruptcy Case, And What’s Next?
- Paramount Extends Brad Grey To 2020 Amid Viacom Efforts To Rebuild Studio
- CAA Book Promises To Surprise, Will Hit Store Shelves Next Summer
- ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Stuntman Slaps Age-Discrimination Suit On Sony, Marvel & Others