This often happens in the summer, when Univision runs original programming. Still, it’s a significant victory for the Spanish-language network with the annual Premios Juventud youth awards show with stars including Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull drawing an average audience of nearly 5M. That made Univision No. 2 behind CBS in total viewers for the night and the three-hour broadcast No. 1 in the adults 18-49 demo, topping second-place CBS by 24%. In the demo it beat originals from ABC’s Motive, Wipeout and Rookie Blue, CBS’ Big Brother, NBC’s The Winner Is… and Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen. The awards show was top rated in primetime in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, and Sacramento. Among U.S. Hispanic viewers, it beat the combined totals for the most recent American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, and Golden Globes.
Univision Awards Show ‘Premios Juventud’ Tops Networks In Key Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Business News
- Obama $100K A Ticket Fundraiser At Jeffrey Katzenberg’s Gets “Emotional”
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- SAG-AFTRA "Remains Committed To Negotiations" To End Video Game Strike
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- Nielsen Set To Measure Out-Of-Home TV Viewing For First Time
- Broadway Box Office: ‘1812’ Overtures Bode Well For ‘Great Comet’ With $1.1M Week