This often happens in the summer, when Univision runs original programming. Still, it’s a significant victory for the Spanish-language network with the annual Premios Juventud youth awards show with stars including Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull drawing an average audience of nearly 5M. That made Univision No. 2 behind CBS in total viewers for the night and the three-hour broadcast No. 1 in the adults 18-49 demo, topping second-place CBS by 24%. In the demo it beat originals from ABC’s Motive, Wipeout and Rookie Blue, CBS’ Big Brother, NBC’s The Winner Is… and Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen. The awards show was top rated in primetime in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, and Sacramento. Among U.S. Hispanic viewers, it beat the combined totals for the most recent American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, and Golden Globes.
Univision Awards Show ‘Premios Juventud’ Tops Networks In Key Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Business News
- ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Toys Unwrapped Tonight Via Fanboy Short Series ‘#GoRogue…
- Singer Chris Brown Arrested For Assault With A Deadly Weapon
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two
- Tribune Media Could Collect $240M In Deal To Sell Chicago’s Tribune Tower
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…