This often happens in the summer, when Univision runs original programming. Still, it’s a significant victory for the Spanish-language network with the annual Premios Juventud youth awards show with stars including Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull drawing an average audience of nearly 5M. That made Univision No. 2 behind CBS in total viewers for the night and the three-hour broadcast No. 1 in the adults 18-49 demo, topping second-place CBS by 24%. In the demo it beat originals from ABC’s Motive, Wipeout and Rookie Blue, CBS’ Big Brother, NBC’s The Winner Is… and Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen. The awards show was top rated in primetime in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, and Sacramento. Among U.S. Hispanic viewers, it beat the combined totals for the most recent American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, and Golden Globes.
Univision Awards Show ‘Premios Juventud’ Tops Networks In Key Demo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Susan Lyne Moves From AOL's Brand Group To A New Fund For Women-led Internet Ventures
- Apple Says It's Not Responsible For Theft Of Celebrity Nude Photos
- Relativity CEO Says Appointment Of Lawyer As Managing Director Will Help IPO Plans
- It's No Blip, Online Video Is Taking Ad Dollars From Traditional TV: Analyst
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones