This often happens in the summer, when Univision runs original programming. Still, it’s a significant victory for the Spanish-language network with the annual Premios Juventud youth awards show with stars including Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull drawing an average audience of nearly 5M. That made Univision No. 2 behind CBS in total viewers for the night and the three-hour broadcast No. 1 in the adults 18-49 demo, topping second-place CBS by 24%. In the demo it beat originals from ABC’s Motive, Wipeout and Rookie Blue, CBS’ Big Brother, NBC’s The Winner Is… and Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen. The awards show was top rated in primetime in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, and Sacramento. Among U.S. Hispanic viewers, it beat the combined totals for the most recent American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, and Golden Globes.
Univision Awards Show ‘Premios Juventud’ Tops Networks In Key Demo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Lieberman
- Apple's Tim Cook Says TV Is Still “Stuck Back In The '70s”: Video
- Los Angeles Daily News Owner Digital First Media Looks For Buyers After Web Initiatives Founder
- DirecTV Chief Says Hispanic Online TV Service To Launch By Year End
- Rupert Murdoch Scores Victory As European Commission Approves BSkyB Plan To Create A Satellite Colossus
- Starz CEO Says Cable Operators Can Benefit By Offering Premium Channels Outside The Pay TV Bundle
- Chase Carey: Fox Is Really, Really Over Time Warner. Really.