EXCLUSIVE: The hacker from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and the President from The West Wing have joined Working Title’s Trash. Martin Sheen and Rooney Mara are set for the Stephen Daldry–directed film that Richard Curtis adapted from Andy Mulligan’s 2010 novel. Sheen will play Father Juilliard, and Mara will play Olivia, an NGO worker, in the tale of three poverty-stricken boys (played by newcomers Rickson Tevez, Eduardo Luis and Gabriel Weinstein) who discover something unusual, mysterious and dangerous in a city dump in the Third World-set story. Elysium’s Wagner Moura and Os Maias’ Selton Mello have also been cast in the movie, from Working Title Films, PeaPie Films and 02 Filmes. It is scheduled to start production in Rio de Janeiro early next month. Working Title co-chairs Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with PeaPie’s Kris Thykier. Universal will distribute the film globally when it comes out in May 2014. The studio is also bringing out Curtis’ About Time with Working Title on November 1 this year. Sheen is repped by ICM Partners; Mara is repped by WME and Management 360.
Rooney Mara & Martin Sheen Join Stephen Daldry-Helmed ‘Trash’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Takes “Full Responsibility” For Best Picture Blunder In New Apology
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge