EXCLUSIVE: The hacker from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and the President from The West Wing have joined Working Title’s Trash. Martin Sheen and Rooney Mara are set for the Stephen Daldry–directed film that Richard Curtis adapted from Andy Mulligan’s 2010 novel. Sheen will play Father Juilliard, and Mara will play Olivia, an NGO worker, in the tale of three poverty-stricken boys (played by newcomers Rickson Tevez, Eduardo Luis and Gabriel Weinstein) who discover something unusual, mysterious and dangerous in a city dump in the Third World-set story. Elysium’s Wagner Moura and Os Maias’ Selton Mello have also been cast in the movie, from Working Title Films, PeaPie Films and 02 Filmes. It is scheduled to start production in Rio de Janeiro early next month. Working Title co-chairs Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with PeaPie’s Kris Thykier. Universal will distribute the film globally when it comes out in May 2014. The studio is also bringing out Curtis’ About Time with Working Title on November 1 this year. Sheen is repped by ICM Partners; Mara is repped by WME and Management 360.
Rooney Mara & Martin Sheen Join Stephen Daldry-Helmed ‘Trash’
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Film News
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Michael Mando Joins Jesse Eisenberg In ‘The Hummingbird Project’
- Jordan Peele, Channing Dungey & More Named As Honorees At AAFCA’s Special Achievement Ceremony
- Netflix Gains 5.3M Global Subs In Q3 As Stock Sets Record; Says Bid For Weinstein Co “Extremely Unlikely”