Focus World partnered with Screen Media Films in March to acquire U.S. rights to Sundance debut The Lifeguard. Kristen Bell plays a young woman whose career and love life crises send her home to live with her parents. There, she regresses back into high school life, hanging with her old pals and reclaiming her job at a condo complex pool. Liz W. Garcia wrote and directed the pic that also stars Mamie Gummer, Martin Starr and Amy Madigan. The movie releases on digital platforms on July 30 and in theaters on August 30.
Hot Trailer: ‘The Lifeguard’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest Film News
- Petitioners Demand Apology For Theft Of Artifacts By ‘Maze Runner’ Cast
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Karl Glusman Joins ‘Nocturnal Animals’
- ‘Furious 8’ Director Shortlist Down To Last Few
- ‘Kilo Two Bravo’ Director & Writer Ink With Verve