The announcer from the Hunger Games films has joined the event series from M Night Shyamalan. In Fox’s thriller Wayward Pines, Toby Jones will play Dr. Jenkins, a charismatic and mysterious psychiatrist who treats a Secret Service agent (Matt Dillon) who arrives in a small Idaho town looking for two missing agents. Jenkins believes brain damage suffered in a car wreck is the source of the visiting agent’s paranoia. Then again, very little in the town of Wayward Pines is as it seems. Based on Blake Crouch’s novel Pines, the series also stars Carla Gugino and Melissa Leo and is set to debut next year. Along with The Hunger Games and its upcoming sequel, Jones’ credits include Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Frost/Nixon, My Week With Marilyn, the first Harry Potter film, and next year’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He is repped by UTA, Sue Latimer at ARG in the UK and attorneys Carlos Goodman and Greg Slewett at Bloom Hergott.
Toby Jones Joins Fox’s ‘Wayward Pines’ For Director M. Night Shyamalan
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Patten
- 'Femme Fatales' Actress' Loses Legal Move Against Cinemax Late Night Series Producer
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Rise, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Up Again, ABC's Night Steady
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Soar Behind Peyton Manning's Record-Breaking TD Pass
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Surge, 'America's Next Top Model' Falls, 'Cristela' Steady In Week 2 As ABC Wins Night In Demo Again
- 'Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways' Review: Dominic Patten Laments HBO & Dave Grohl's Bad Note
- 'New Girl' Copyright Suit Dismissed Against Fox, Peter Chernin & WME