The announcer from the Hunger Games films has joined the event series from M Night Shyamalan. In Fox’s thriller Wayward Pines, Toby Jones will play Dr. Jenkins, a charismatic and mysterious psychiatrist who treats a Secret Service agent (Matt Dillon) who arrives in a small Idaho town looking for two missing agents. Jenkins believes brain damage suffered in a car wreck is the source of the visiting agent’s paranoia. Then again, very little in the town of Wayward Pines is as it seems. Based on Blake Crouch’s novel Pines, the series also stars Carla Gugino and Melissa Leo and is set to debut next year. Along with The Hunger Games and its upcoming sequel, Jones’ credits include Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Frost/Nixon, My Week With Marilyn, the first Harry Potter film, and next year’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He is repped by UTA, Sue Latimer at ARG in the UK and attorneys Carlos Goodman and Greg Slewett at Bloom Hergott.
Toby Jones Joins Fox’s ‘Wayward Pines’ For Director M. Night Shyamalan
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest TV News
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot