The announcer from the Hunger Games films has joined the event series from M Night Shyamalan. In Fox’s thriller Wayward Pines, Toby Jones will play Dr. Jenkins, a charismatic and mysterious psychiatrist who treats a Secret Service agent (Matt Dillon) who arrives in a small Idaho town looking for two missing agents. Jenkins believes brain damage suffered in a car wreck is the source of the visiting agent’s paranoia. Then again, very little in the town of Wayward Pines is as it seems. Based on Blake Crouch’s novel Pines, the series also stars Carla Gugino and Melissa Leo and is set to debut next year. Along with The Hunger Games and its upcoming sequel, Jones’ credits include Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Frost/Nixon, My Week With Marilyn, the first Harry Potter film, and next year’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He is repped by UTA, Sue Latimer at ARG in the UK and attorneys Carlos Goodman and Greg Slewett at Bloom Hergott.
Toby Jones Joins Fox’s ‘Wayward Pines’ For Director M. Night Shyamalan
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Univision Pulls Ads; Owner Of Orlando Pulse Club, Mothers, Victims, GLADD Press The Network To Stop “Blood Bath”
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night
- ‘Doctor Who’ Trailer Teases Return Of “Most Dangerous Man In The Universe”
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists