Roma Downey and Mark Burnett‘s The Bible debuted Down Under on Tuesday with a faithful following that gave Channel 9 top ratings for the night. The first episode of the 10-part miniseries was No. 1 during its two-hour slot with 21% of the audience and the top score amongst all key demos. Network 9 led the night with an overall 32.5% share (however, Ten’s Under The Dome was seen by about 20,000 more viewers, besting The Bible in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth). The Bible‘s performance spurred Channel 9 to schedule a repeat showing for this Saturday night. In the U.S., the mini ranked as the top cable entertainment telecast of the year to date and helped make History the No. 1-ranked cable network for the month of March. Downey and Burnett, along with NBC, are working on a sequel tentatively titled AD: Beyond The Bible.
‘The Bible’ Bows To Heavenly Ratings On Australia’s Channel 9; Encore Planned
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Kristin Scott Thomas Crowned Queen For New West End Run Of 'The Audience'
- Wild Bunch Opens Window On Pan-European Digital Distribution: AFM
- Sony Posts Wider Q2 Loss, Beats Estimates On Strong PlayStation4 Sales
- Bette Midler Wings Way To First UK TV Special; ITV To Feature Songs & Sit-Down
- Alex Garland's 'Ex Machina' Gives New Life To Artificial Intelligence: Hot Trailer
- Undaunted, Hong Kong Stars Court China Ire With Occupy Central Support