Roma Downey and Mark Burnett‘s The Bible debuted Down Under on Tuesday with a faithful following that gave Channel 9 top ratings for the night. The first episode of the 10-part miniseries was No. 1 during its two-hour slot with 21% of the audience and the top score amongst all key demos. Network 9 led the night with an overall 32.5% share (however, Ten’s Under The Dome was seen by about 20,000 more viewers, besting The Bible in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth). The Bible‘s performance spurred Channel 9 to schedule a repeat showing for this Saturday night. In the U.S., the mini ranked as the top cable entertainment telecast of the year to date and helped make History the No. 1-ranked cable network for the month of March. Downey and Burnett, along with NBC, are working on a sequel tentatively titled AD: Beyond The Bible.
‘The Bible’ Bows To Heavenly Ratings On Australia’s Channel 9; Encore Planned
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest International News
- Universal Pictures Crosses $5 Billion At Global Box Office Driven By ‘Fate Of The Furious,’ ‘DM3’
- Disney-Fox: What Are The International Implications?
- The Global Box Office Awakens: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Could Power To $440M Opening
- BritBox Steals March On SVOD Rivals With ‘Vera’ Deal
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- Donald Trump Set To Visit The UK In Early 2018; Protests Expected