It was a win for Paola Guanche and Telemundo on Sunday. The Florida tween took the top spot in La Voz Kids as the network’s finale of the Spanish-language youth version of The Voice was watched by 2.6 million total viewers and 1.3 million adults 18-49. That’s the second best rating for the freshman show after hitting its high on June 23 with 2.7 million total viewers and 1.46 million adults 18-49 watching between 8-10 PM. This week’s finale did see a rise of 11% over the previous week in the demo and an 8% gain in viewership. Overall the 8-11 PM finale’s result is the best the Comcast-owned network has done in the time slot with regularly scheduled programming. Hosted by Daisy Fuentes and Jorge Bernal with new The X Factor judge Paulina Rubio among the coaches, the singing competition show’s finale was the highest-rated TV show in New York and Miami in the key demo regardless of language and the second-highest-rated show in LA and Houston, regardless of language, according to Nielsen. La Voz Kids debuted May 5 with 1.695 million total viewers and 873,000 among adults 18-49. Over its first season, the show has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 1.1 million in the demo.
Telemundo’s ‘Voice’ For Kids Finale Hits Time-Slot High
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’