It was a win for Paola Guanche and Telemundo on Sunday. The Florida tween took the top spot in La Voz Kids as the network’s finale of the Spanish-language youth version of The Voice was watched by 2.6 million total viewers and 1.3 million adults 18-49. That’s the second best rating for the freshman show after hitting its high on June 23 with 2.7 million total viewers and 1.46 million adults 18-49 watching between 8-10 PM. This week’s finale did see a rise of 11% over the previous week in the demo and an 8% gain in viewership. Overall the 8-11 PM finale’s result is the best the Comcast-owned network has done in the time slot with regularly scheduled programming. Hosted by Daisy Fuentes and Jorge Bernal with new The X Factor judge Paulina Rubio among the coaches, the singing competition show’s finale was the highest-rated TV show in New York and Miami in the key demo regardless of language and the second-highest-rated show in LA and Houston, regardless of language, according to Nielsen. La Voz Kids debuted May 5 with 1.695 million total viewers and 873,000 among adults 18-49. Over its first season, the show has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 1.1 million in the demo.
Telemundo’s ‘Voice’ For Kids Finale Hits Time-Slot High
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series