It was a win for Paola Guanche and Telemundo on Sunday. The Florida tween took the top spot in La Voz Kids as the network’s finale of the Spanish-language youth version of The Voice was watched by 2.6 million total viewers and 1.3 million adults 18-49. That’s the second best rating for the freshman show after hitting its high on June 23 with 2.7 million total viewers and 1.46 million adults 18-49 watching between 8-10 PM. This week’s finale did see a rise of 11% over the previous week in the demo and an 8% gain in viewership. Overall the 8-11 PM finale’s result is the best the Comcast-owned network has done in the time slot with regularly scheduled programming. Hosted by Daisy Fuentes and Jorge Bernal with new The X Factor judge Paulina Rubio among the coaches, the singing competition show’s finale was the highest-rated TV show in New York and Miami in the key demo regardless of language and the second-highest-rated show in LA and Houston, regardless of language, according to Nielsen. La Voz Kids debuted May 5 with 1.695 million total viewers and 873,000 among adults 18-49. Over its first season, the show has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 1.1 million in the demo.
Telemundo’s ‘Voice’ For Kids Finale Hits Time-Slot High
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP
- New Orleans’ French Quarter Gangster Past Getting TV Treatment From Vermilion & Rubicon
- Ever Carradine Books Role On ‘Handmaid’s Tale’; Sibo Mlambo To Recur On ‘Teen Wolf’
- Kevin James Producing CBS Comedy Project Starring Comedian Gina Brillon
- ‘Good Girls Revolt’ Review: Amazon’s 1970s-Set Series Flawed But Pertinent
- ‘Greenleaf’: GregAlan Williams & Lovie Simone Upped To Regulars On OWN Drama