It was a win for Paola Guanche and Telemundo on Sunday. The Florida tween took the top spot in La Voz Kids as the network’s finale of the Spanish-language youth version of The Voice was watched by 2.6 million total viewers and 1.3 million adults 18-49. That’s the second best rating for the freshman show after hitting its high on June 23 with 2.7 million total viewers and 1.46 million adults 18-49 watching between 8-10 PM. This week’s finale did see a rise of 11% over the previous week in the demo and an 8% gain in viewership. Overall the 8-11 PM finale’s result is the best the Comcast-owned network has done in the time slot with regularly scheduled programming. Hosted by Daisy Fuentes and Jorge Bernal with new The X Factor judge Paulina Rubio among the coaches, the singing competition show’s finale was the highest-rated TV show in New York and Miami in the key demo regardless of language and the second-highest-rated show in LA and Houston, regardless of language, according to Nielsen. La Voz Kids debuted May 5 with 1.695 million total viewers and 873,000 among adults 18-49. Over its first season, the show has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 1.1 million in the demo.
Telemundo’s ‘Voice’ For Kids Finale Hits Time-Slot High
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd