Following the success of La Voz Kids, the Spanish-language version of NBC’s The Voice, Telemundo Media is hoping for another hit with Top Chef: Estrellas (Top Chef Stars), a Spanish-language version of Bravo‘s culinary competition series Top Chef set to air next season. Hosted by novela star Aylin Mujica (Corazón Valiente, Aurora), the new original version will feature eight Hispanic celebrities competing for the Top Chef title and $100,000 to be given out to charities of their choice. The celebrities will be featured cooking their favorite dishes under the guidance and coaching of professional chefs. They’ll participate in weekly competitions and use different “tools” in their preparations to impress the celebrity chefs and survive the competition. Latina chef and TV host Lorena Garcia will host alongside Jaime Martin Del Campo and Ramiro Arvizu. Telemundo is hoping to build on the huge success of La Voz Kids. On June 2, La Voz Kids was watched by 2.42 million viewers with an audience of 1.225 million in the adults 18-49 demographic — up 43% in total viewership and 40% in the key demo from its May 5 debut. Unlike its NBC parent, La Voz Kids focuses on children between 7-14 as they compete for a recording contract and a cash prize for their education. Telemundo and Bravo are both owned by NBCUniversal.
Telemundo Media To Produce Spanish-Language Version Of Bravo’s ‘Top Chef’
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Senator McCain Salutes ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News And Deceiving The American People”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television
- Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A “Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: How 32-Year-Old Book Became Timely Drama & Toast Of the Emmys
- Fox News Calls New Charles Payne Lawsuit “Shameful”; Accuser Claims Host Raped Her – Update