CW has ordered a second season, 24 episodes, of Whose Line Is It Anyway? Today’s announcement was a no-brainer — its launch this summer clocked an average of nearly 3 million viewers – CW’s most watched unscripted series premiere in six years. The second-season premiere date and timeslot were not announced. Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie star in, and Aisha Tyler hosts the update of the ABC improv show that ran eight seasons – based on a UK format. CW put out the announcement one day before it is scheduled to put on its dog-and-pony show at TCA Summer TV Press Tour 2013.
TCA: CW Orders Second Season Of ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'