CW has ordered a second season, 24 episodes, of Whose Line Is It Anyway? Today’s announcement was a no-brainer — its launch this summer clocked an average of nearly 3 million viewers – CW’s most watched unscripted series premiere in six years. The second-season premiere date and timeslot were not announced. Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie star in, and Aisha Tyler hosts the update of the ABC improv show that ran eight seasons – based on a UK format. CW put out the announcement one day before it is scheduled to put on its dog-and-pony show at TCA Summer TV Press Tour 2013.
TCA: CW Orders Second Season Of ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake