CBS has changed slightly its Premiere Week plans and will launch its Thursday with two back-to-back original episodes of The Big Bang Theory, from 8-9 PM on September 26, in an effort to drive the biggest possible audience into the premiere of Robin Williams/David E. Kelley comedy The Crazy Ones at 9 PM that night. CBS’ move is bad news for NBC’s new The Michael J. Fox Show, which is debuting at 9 on the first Thursday of the season opposite The Crazy Ones. CBS announced this morning at TCA Summer TV Press Tour 2013 that, to accommodate the extra Big Bang Theory episode, it will push the premiere of the net’s new Thursday 8:30 PM comedy, the Will Arnett-starrer from Greg Garcia The Millers, by one week; it will unveil in Thursday, October 3 in its regular timeslot. CBS was the first broadcast network to announce its 2013-14 TV season premiere plans back in mid-June, with virtually all of its programs rolling out during the traditional Premiere Week, as is the network’s habit.
TCA: CBS Adds Extra ‘Big Bang Theory’ To Bolster Robin Williams Comedy For Battle With Michael J Fox
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”