CBS has changed slightly its Premiere Week plans and will launch its Thursday with two back-to-back original episodes of The Big Bang Theory, from 8-9 PM on September 26, in an effort to drive the biggest possible audience into the premiere of Robin Williams/David E. Kelley comedy The Crazy Ones at 9 PM that night. CBS’ move is bad news for NBC’s new The Michael J. Fox Show, which is debuting at 9 on the first Thursday of the season opposite The Crazy Ones. CBS announced this morning at TCA Summer TV Press Tour 2013 that, to accommodate the extra Big Bang Theory episode, it will push the premiere of the net’s new Thursday 8:30 PM comedy, the Will Arnett-starrer from Greg Garcia The Millers, by one week; it will unveil in Thursday, October 3 in its regular timeslot. CBS was the first broadcast network to announce its 2013-14 TV season premiere plans back in mid-June, with virtually all of its programs rolling out during the traditional Premiere Week, as is the network’s habit.
TCA: CBS Adds Extra ‘Big Bang Theory’ To Bolster Robin Williams Comedy For Battle With Michael J Fox
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
More From de Moraes
- Jon Stewart Pounds Don Lemon For Blizzard Coverage – Video
- GoDaddy.com’s Super Bowl Ad Yanked After Being Blasted By Puppy Lovers
- Paul Pastor Named EVP Network Strategy At Discovery Channel
- Did Fox News’ Blackout On Dish Help CNN Ratings In January?
- Kim Kardashian Lets ‘Conan’ Unveil Her Super Bowl Ad Plugging T-Mobile – Video