CBS sent out word to TV Critics Association members tonight that its entertainment president Nina Tassler has had to cancel Monday’s scheduled appearance at TCA Summer TV Press Tour 2013, owing to the death of a close friend. CBS CEO Les Moonves is taking her place tomorrow morning at the tour, ostensibly to talk about CBS’s programming plans for the coming TV season. But Moonves has been duking it out for days with Time Warner Cable execs over how much TWC should cough up per subscriber to carry CBS stations that are owned by the network in cable homes in New York, Los Angeles, Dallas and elsewhere around the country – about 3.5 million TWC homes. Late last week, the two sides had set a new deadline of 2 p.m. Monday. CBS is the country’s most popular television network.
TCA: CBS CEO Leslie Moonves Stepping In For Entertainment President Nina Tassler At Tour
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?
- Les Moonves Says He Has “Free Rein” To Run CBS, But Likes “Stability”
- AMC Sets Late-Night Talk Show Hosted By Kevin Smith & Greg Grunberg
- ‘11.22.63’ Review: Hulu’s James Franco JFK Series Full Of Time-Travel Twists
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 6 First Images: You Know Nothing (About) Jon Snow