CBS sent out word to TV Critics Association members tonight that its entertainment president Nina Tassler has had to cancel Monday’s scheduled appearance at TCA Summer TV Press Tour 2013, owing to the death of a close friend. CBS CEO Les Moonves is taking her place tomorrow morning at the tour, ostensibly to talk about CBS’s programming plans for the coming TV season. But Moonves has been duking it out for days with Time Warner Cable execs over how much TWC should cough up per subscriber to carry CBS stations that are owned by the network in cable homes in New York, Los Angeles, Dallas and elsewhere around the country – about 3.5 million TWC homes. Late last week, the two sides had set a new deadline of 2 p.m. Monday. CBS is the country’s most popular television network.
TCA: CBS CEO Leslie Moonves Stepping In For Entertainment President Nina Tassler At Tour
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From de Moraes
- 'New Day' Executive Producer Matt Frucci Among CNN Layoffs As Part Of Turner 2020
- John Oliver Casts Dogs As Supreme Court Justices — Video
- Bill Maher Thanks Texas For Ebola Scare, Florida For Fan-gate On HBO's 'Real Time': VIDEO
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Apple As New Chief Of Secrecy – Video
- Bill O'Reilly And Jon Stewart Boost Ratings Shouting About White Privilege – Update
- 'Crossfire' Cancelled – Again – As CNN Pulls Programs And Slashes Staff