CBS sent out word to TV Critics Association members tonight that its entertainment president Nina Tassler has had to cancel Monday’s scheduled appearance at TCA Summer TV Press Tour 2013, owing to the death of a close friend. CBS CEO Les Moonves is taking her place tomorrow morning at the tour, ostensibly to talk about CBS’s programming plans for the coming TV season. But Moonves has been duking it out for days with Time Warner Cable execs over how much TWC should cough up per subscriber to carry CBS stations that are owned by the network in cable homes in New York, Los Angeles, Dallas and elsewhere around the country – about 3.5 million TWC homes. Late last week, the two sides had set a new deadline of 2 p.m. Monday. CBS is the country’s most popular television network.
TCA: CBS CEO Leslie Moonves Stepping In For Entertainment President Nina Tassler At Tour
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures TV Taps PMK-BNC Exec Stacy Weitz As VP Communications
- Fox News Dominates But Down In August, CNN No. 2 In News Demo While MSNBC Takes Total Viewers
- Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama 'Warrior' From Justin Lin & ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
- Deadline Advisory: TV Ratings Delayed
- Viacom To Rebrand MTV Hits As NickMusic
- 'G.L.O.W.': Betty Gilpin To Co-Star In Netflix’s 1980s Wrestling Comedy Series