The long-gestating spinoff from veteran CW drama Supernatural is moving forward as a backdoor pilot to air as an episode of Supernatural‘s upcoming ninth season. To be written by Supernatural supervising producer Andrew Dabb, the planted spinoff, in early stages of development, won’t be as nomadic as the mothership series, which takes place in a different town every week. It will explore the clashing hunter and monster cultures of Chicago.
‘Supernatural’ Planted Spinoff A Go As Episode Next Spring, To Explore Clash Of Hunter & Monster Cultures In Chicago
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest TV News
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot