EXCLUSIVE: Rebel Wilson will be joined by fellow Australian Kate Jenkinson on WB TV, ABC, and Conoco’s Super Fun Night, reuniting the actresses who previously starred together on Aussie sketch comedy series The Wedge and Bogan Pride. Jenkinson (Offspring, Killing Time, House Husbands) is joining the show as Kendall, a neurotic Type A lawyer idolized by Wilson’s Kimmie. The role is a version of the Felicity character played by Pitch Perfect‘s Anna Camp in the initial multi-camera CBS pilot, and later by Kelen Coleman in ABC’s retooled single-camera version. Jenkinson’s Kendall will join the show in its second episode; Coleman’s Felicity character will not be returning to the series after the pilot. Wilson created, stars, and co-executive produces the half-hour comedy about three nerdy twentysomething women on a quest to have fun every Friday night. Conan O’Brien is exec producing Super Fun Night with showrunner John Riggi (30 Rock), David Kissinger, and Jeff Ross. Super Fun Night marks Jenkinson’s first international series regular gig. She is repped by Wishlab Inc in the US and Nicky Gluyas Management in Australia. Super Fun Night is set to premiere October 2.
‘Super Fun Night’ Adds Aussie Kate Jenkinson
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh
- CBS Developing ‘Under Suspicion’ Book Series Adaptation From John Glenn
- ‘Nashville’ Adds ‘Harry Potter’ Alum Christian Coulson As Recurring
- Kwame Patterson Joins TNT Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’