EXCLUSIVE: Rebel Wilson will be joined by fellow Australian Kate Jenkinson on WB TV, ABC, and Conoco’s Super Fun Night, reuniting the actresses who previously starred together on Aussie sketch comedy series The Wedge and Bogan Pride. Jenkinson (Offspring, Killing Time, House Husbands) is joining the show as Kendall, a neurotic Type A lawyer idolized by Wilson’s Kimmie. The role is a version of the Felicity character played by Pitch Perfect‘s Anna Camp in the initial multi-camera CBS pilot, and later by Kelen Coleman in ABC’s retooled single-camera version. Jenkinson’s Kendall will join the show in its second episode; Coleman’s Felicity character will not be returning to the series after the pilot. Wilson created, stars, and co-executive produces the half-hour comedy about three nerdy twentysomething women on a quest to have fun every Friday night. Conan O’Brien is exec producing Super Fun Night with showrunner John Riggi (30 Rock), David Kissinger, and Jeff Ross. Super Fun Night marks Jenkinson’s first international series regular gig. She is repped by Wishlab Inc in the US and Nicky Gluyas Management in Australia. Super Fun Night is set to premiere October 2.
‘Super Fun Night’ Adds Aussie Kate Jenkinson
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV