EXCLUSIVE: Rebel Wilson will be joined by fellow Australian Kate Jenkinson on WB TV, ABC, and Conoco’s Super Fun Night, reuniting the actresses who previously starred together on Aussie sketch comedy series The Wedge and Bogan Pride. Jenkinson (Offspring, Killing Time, House Husbands) is joining the show as Kendall, a neurotic Type A lawyer idolized by Wilson’s Kimmie. The role is a version of the Felicity character played by Pitch Perfect‘s Anna Camp in the initial multi-camera CBS pilot, and later by Kelen Coleman in ABC’s retooled single-camera version. Jenkinson’s Kendall will join the show in its second episode; Coleman’s Felicity character will not be returning to the series after the pilot. Wilson created, stars, and co-executive produces the half-hour comedy about three nerdy twentysomething women on a quest to have fun every Friday night. Conan O’Brien is exec producing Super Fun Night with showrunner John Riggi (30 Rock), David Kissinger, and Jeff Ross. Super Fun Night marks Jenkinson’s first international series regular gig. She is repped by Wishlab Inc in the US and Nicky Gluyas Management in Australia. Super Fun Night is set to premiere October 2.
‘Super Fun Night’ Adds Aussie Kate Jenkinson
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'