EXCLUSIVE: Rebel Wilson will be joined by fellow Australian Kate Jenkinson on WB TV, ABC, and Conoco’s Super Fun Night, reuniting the actresses who previously starred together on Aussie sketch comedy series The Wedge and Bogan Pride. Jenkinson (Offspring, Killing Time, House Husbands) is joining the show as Kendall, a neurotic Type A lawyer idolized by Wilson’s Kimmie. The role is a version of the Felicity character played by Pitch Perfect‘s Anna Camp in the initial multi-camera CBS pilot, and later by Kelen Coleman in ABC’s retooled single-camera version. Jenkinson’s Kendall will join the show in its second episode; Coleman’s Felicity character will not be returning to the series after the pilot. Wilson created, stars, and co-executive produces the half-hour comedy about three nerdy twentysomething women on a quest to have fun every Friday night. Conan O’Brien is exec producing Super Fun Night with showrunner John Riggi (30 Rock), David Kissinger, and Jeff Ross. Super Fun Night marks Jenkinson’s first international series regular gig. She is repped by Wishlab Inc in the US and Nicky Gluyas Management in Australia. Super Fun Night is set to premiere October 2.
‘Super Fun Night’ Adds Aussie Kate Jenkinson
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'