EXCLUSIVE: Rebel Wilson will be joined by fellow Australian Kate Jenkinson on WB TV, ABC, and Conoco’s Super Fun Night, reuniting the actresses who previously starred together on Aussie sketch comedy series The Wedge and Bogan Pride. Jenkinson (Offspring, Killing Time, House Husbands) is joining the show as Kendall, a neurotic Type A lawyer idolized by Wilson’s Kimmie. The role is a version of the Felicity character played by Pitch Perfect‘s Anna Camp in the initial multi-camera CBS pilot, and later by Kelen Coleman in ABC’s retooled single-camera version. Jenkinson’s Kendall will join the show in its second episode; Coleman’s Felicity character will not be returning to the series after the pilot. Wilson created, stars, and co-executive produces the half-hour comedy about three nerdy twentysomething women on a quest to have fun every Friday night. Conan O’Brien is exec producing Super Fun Night with showrunner John Riggi (30 Rock), David Kissinger, and Jeff Ross. Super Fun Night marks Jenkinson’s first international series regular gig. She is repped by Wishlab Inc in the US and Nicky Gluyas Management in Australia. Super Fun Night is set to premiere October 2.
‘Super Fun Night’ Adds Aussie Kate Jenkinson
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'