Disney brass thinks Star Wars is so important they went to Germany of all places this weekend for Star Wars Celebration, the global Star Wars fan convention that began in 1999 to celebrate the release of the first prequel. Today at the confab Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that composer John Williams will return for JJ Abrams‘ Star Wars: Episode VII after scoring all six previous films. Joining Mouse House execs in Essen, Germany are franchise stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Ian McDiarmid, Anthony Daniels, Jeremy Bulloch, Warwick Davis, and Peter Mayhew, flown in for a Return of the Jedi reunion. Disney is set to unveil more for fans stateside at next month’s D23 Expo in Anaheim.
John Williams Confirmed For ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ As Disney Heads To Germany With ‘Star Wars’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa