YouTube‘s paid content slate is getting an infusion of classic miniseries and made-for-TV films via Sonar Entertainment, which today launched new subscription channel MINIS + MOVIES. Popular small screen properties like 1989’s Emmy-winning Lonesome Dove starring Tommy Lee Jones and Robert Duvall lead Sonar’s catalogue of over 500 titles viewable on the online video site starting today. The dense Sonar library is also packed with retro telefilm gems from the filmographies of Hollywood’s brightest, like Jennifer Garner’s 1999 disaster pic Aftershock: Earthquake in New York and the 1997 sorority thriller Dying to Belong with Hilary Swank, with new titles added each month. Also included in the channel’s initial launch are Merlin with Sam Neill and Isabella Rossellini, Tin Man with Zooey Deschanel, Good Fences with Danny Glover and Whoopi Goldberg, The Yearling with Philip Seymour Hoffman, and True Women with Angelina Jolie. Users can subscribe for $1.99 per month or $19.99 per year.
Sonar Entertainment Launches YouTube Channel For Miniseries & Made For TV Pics
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'
- EMMYS: Mindy Kaling, Liev Schreiber, Kate Walsh & More Join Presenters List
- Damon Lindelof Pens 'Lost'-Themed Episode Of 'Phineas And Ferb'
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue