OK, Simpsons fans, remember that one where Homer finds out he has a half-brother? Said relative Herb (unmistakably voiced by Danny DeVito) runs a car company in Detroit and asks Homer to design a vehicle for the average American. Result: The Homer, a monstrosity in every way, including its $82,000 sticker price. It never got past the drawing board, until now. The guys at Porcubimmer Motors built a Homer — “in a home garage with all the wrong tools,” they say — and raced it this weekend in the 24 Hours of LeMons north of Bakersfield. More than 150 cars started in triple-degree weather, and the Simpsons-mobile finished fifth, according to Porcubimmer’s Facebook page, also taking the race’s trophy for best theme. (Deadline was unable to verify whether the DIY crew celebrated with ice-cold bottles of Duff Adequate.) Here’s a look at the Homer:
‘The Simpsons’ Car Jumps From Screen To Racetrack — But Can It Do Donuts?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa