Sidney Kimmel Entertainment will finance and produce the dramedy from first-time feature helmer Thea Sharrock. Legacy, based on a spec script by novelist-screenwriter Gregg Hurwitz, centers on a single mom whose 12-year-old son talks her into committing the perfect crime. SKE’s Sidney Kimmel and Matt Berenson will produce with Jenette Kahn and Adam Richman of Double Nickel Entertainment. Jim Tauber and Bruce Toll executive produce. No casting or start date was announced. Sharrock has directed West End stage productions including Equus starring Daniel Radcliffe, which she subsequently transferred to Broadway. Says Kimmel: “Thea is a star in the world of contemporary British theater, and her transition to film in my opinion should be as seamless as Stephen Daldry’s and Sam Mendes.” SKE most recently produced this year’s Ryan Gosling-Bradley Cooper drama The Place Beyond the Pines.
Sidney Kimmel Entertainment Boards ‘Legacy’ From Theater Helmer Thea Sharrock
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'