Sidney Kimmel Entertainment will finance and produce the dramedy from first-time feature helmer Thea Sharrock. Legacy, based on a spec script by novelist-screenwriter Gregg Hurwitz, centers on a single mom whose 12-year-old son talks her into committing the perfect crime. SKE’s Sidney Kimmel and Matt Berenson will produce with Jenette Kahn and Adam Richman of Double Nickel Entertainment. Jim Tauber and Bruce Toll executive produce. No casting or start date was announced. Sharrock has directed West End stage productions including Equus starring Daniel Radcliffe, which she subsequently transferred to Broadway. Says Kimmel: “Thea is a star in the world of contemporary British theater, and her transition to film in my opinion should be as seamless as Stephen Daldry’s and Sam Mendes.” SKE most recently produced this year’s Ryan Gosling-Bradley Cooper drama The Place Beyond the Pines.
Sidney Kimmel Entertainment Boards ‘Legacy’ From Theater Helmer Thea Sharrock
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'