Regal and NCM Fathon Events will host midnight screenings of Syfy’s strangely popular Sharknado! on August 2, with the TV movie set for about 200 screens in NCM’s Digital Broadcast Network. Sharknado! premiered on Syfy on July 11, drawing just 1.4 million total viewers. But social media interest was high — most of the media reporting was about that more than about the movie itself, which stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid as part of a group that investigates the ecological nightmare of sharks falling from the skies and swimming through the streets of LA. A repeat viewing a week later on Syfy drew about a half-million more viewers, and the network has already ordered a sequel (or a prequel) to air in 2014.
‘Sharknado!’ Gets Midnight Screening Treatment Via Regal
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot