Regal and NCM Fathon Events will host midnight screenings of Syfy’s strangely popular Sharknado! on August 2, with the TV movie set for about 200 screens in NCM’s Digital Broadcast Network. Sharknado! premiered on Syfy on July 11, drawing just 1.4 million total viewers. But social media interest was high — most of the media reporting was about that more than about the movie itself, which stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid as part of a group that investigates the ecological nightmare of sharks falling from the skies and swimming through the streets of LA. A repeat viewing a week later on Syfy drew about a half-million more viewers, and the network has already ordered a sequel (or a prequel) to air in 2014.
‘Sharknado!’ Gets Midnight Screening Treatment Via Regal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Late Night Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board