Regal and NCM Fathon Events will host midnight screenings of Syfy’s strangely popular Sharknado! on August 2, with the TV movie set for about 200 screens in NCM’s Digital Broadcast Network. Sharknado! premiered on Syfy on July 11, drawing just 1.4 million total viewers. But social media interest was high — most of the media reporting was about that more than about the movie itself, which stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid as part of a group that investigates the ecological nightmare of sharks falling from the skies and swimming through the streets of LA. A repeat viewing a week later on Syfy drew about a half-million more viewers, and the network has already ordered a sequel (or a prequel) to air in 2014.
‘Sharknado!’ Gets Midnight Screening Treatment Via Regal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Team
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Crosses $500M In Global B.O.
- 'Cops' Crew Member Dies After Being Shot During Robbery Standoff
- Longtime Fox TV Sales Exec Jean Rossi Exiting
- Amazon's 'Transparent' Set For September 26 Debut: Video
- Starz's Cult Comedy 'Party Down' Heads To Hulu
- EOne Gets Into Business With Indie Producer David Lancaster