Showrunner Carlton Cuse tonight tweeted casting of Lord Of The Rings veteran Sean Astin in the FX pilot directed by Guillermo del Toro. Astin will play CDC administrator Jim Kent in the dram starring Corey Stoll, Mia Maestro and John Hurt. The Strain, which Pacific Rim helmer del Toro co-wrote with Chuck Hogan based on their vampire novel trilogy, tells the story of Dr. Ephraim Goodweather (Stoll), the head of the Centers for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City. He and his team, of which Astin’s Kent is a member, are called upon to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism.
Sean Astin Joins FX Drama Pilot ‘The Strain’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest TV News
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot