Todd Sklar‘s sibling comedy Awful Nice has been picked up by Screen Media Films following its March SXSW 2013 premiere. Sklar wrote, directed, and produced the pic about two estranged brothers (co-writer Alex Rennie and James Pumphrey) who travel to Branson, Missouri to fix up and sell the house they inherited from their recently deceased father. Screen Media is planning a theatrical and VOD release for spring 2014. Awful Nice is based on Sklar’s award winning short film ’92 Skybox Alonso Mourning Rookie Card, which also starred Rennie and Pumphrey. The feature film version co-stars Brett Gelman (Eagle Heart), Keeley Hazell, and Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: SVU). Jason Krigsfeld and Joseph Krigsfeld of Brothers K Productions exec produced the pic which was produced by Michael Forstein, Adam Paulsen, Todd Sklar, Maury Steinman, and Brock Williams. Sklar, Rennie, and Pumphrey are repped by CAA and Principato Young. Screen Media’s Suzanne Blech and Seth Needle negotiated the deal with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
Screen Media Films Acquires SXSW Comedy ‘Awful Nice’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jai Courtney Joins Dito Montiel's 'Man Down'
- 'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- 'Midnight Rider': 1st Assistant Director Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
- Toronto: François Ozon's 'The New Girlfriend' Goes To Cohen Media Group
- Toronto: Focus Acquires Kate Winslet Starrer 'A Little Chaos'