Todd Sklar‘s sibling comedy Awful Nice has been picked up by Screen Media Films following its March SXSW 2013 premiere. Sklar wrote, directed, and produced the pic about two estranged brothers (co-writer Alex Rennie and James Pumphrey) who travel to Branson, Missouri to fix up and sell the house they inherited from their recently deceased father. Screen Media is planning a theatrical and VOD release for spring 2014. Awful Nice is based on Sklar’s award winning short film ’92 Skybox Alonso Mourning Rookie Card, which also starred Rennie and Pumphrey. The feature film version co-stars Brett Gelman (Eagle Heart), Keeley Hazell, and Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: SVU). Jason Krigsfeld and Joseph Krigsfeld of Brothers K Productions exec produced the pic which was produced by Michael Forstein, Adam Paulsen, Todd Sklar, Maury Steinman, and Brock Williams. Sklar, Rennie, and Pumphrey are repped by CAA and Principato Young. Screen Media’s Suzanne Blech and Seth Needle negotiated the deal with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
Screen Media Films Acquires SXSW Comedy ‘Awful Nice’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'