Longtime media and entertainment exec Sandy Climan is one of Hollywood’s top deal-makers and now has come aboard as investor and a member of the Board of Advisors at PRIMA Cinema. That’s the nascent company that offers clients exclusive opportunities to watch first-run movies from their own home-screening rooms for a serious fee (its current films on offer include R.I.P.D., Fast & Furious 6, Despicable Me 2 and Blackfish — all well ahead of home video release). Climan — who while at CAA repped the likes of Robert De Niro, Robert Redford and Kevin Costner — joins Sid Ganis, Peter Farrelly, former 20th Century Fox EVP Ira Rubenstein, TK Theaters founder Theo Kalomirakis and marketing executive Lauren Fryefield on the PRIMA board. He will consult on content agreements as well as business and marketing activities. Among his recent endeavors, Climan produced the Martin Scorsese pic The Aviator and was CEO of 3ality Digital, which specialized in developing 3D technologies. He is now president of Entertainment Media Ventures, a company active in media investment and strategic advisory work.
Sandy Climan Joins Board Of Home-Screening Film PRIMA Cinema
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Latest Film News
- Shocker! MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber Leaving Company After Eight Years At The Helm — Updated
- ‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ Trailer: Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin Are Locked And Loaded For A New Cartel War
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?