Longtime media and entertainment exec Sandy Climan is one of Hollywood’s top deal-makers and now has come aboard as investor and a member of the Board of Advisors at PRIMA Cinema. That’s the nascent company that offers clients exclusive opportunities to watch first-run movies from their own home-screening rooms for a serious fee (its current films on offer include R.I.P.D., Fast & Furious 6, Despicable Me 2 and Blackfish — all well ahead of home video release). Climan — who while at CAA repped the likes of Robert De Niro, Robert Redford and Kevin Costner — joins Sid Ganis, Peter Farrelly, former 20th Century Fox EVP Ira Rubenstein, TK Theaters founder Theo Kalomirakis and marketing executive Lauren Fryefield on the PRIMA board. He will consult on content agreements as well as business and marketing activities. Among his recent endeavors, Climan produced the Martin Scorsese pic The Aviator and was CEO of 3ality Digital, which specialized in developing 3D technologies. He is now president of Entertainment Media Ventures, a company active in media investment and strategic advisory work.
Sandy Climan Joins Board Of Home-Screening Film PRIMA Cinema
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest Film News
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- Paramount Pulls In Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’ With Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon
- ‘The Martian’ Review: Matt Damon Proves There Is Life On Mars In This Sci-Fi Gem
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office
- Trudie Styler To Direct Bette Midler, Others In LGBT Film ‘Freak Show’
- Kodak Names Cinematographer-in-Residence at UCLA; Tribeca Shortlist, New SVOD Service Launched