Longtime media and entertainment exec Sandy Climan is one of Hollywood’s top deal-makers and now has come aboard as investor and a member of the Board of Advisors at PRIMA Cinema. That’s the nascent company that offers clients exclusive opportunities to watch first-run movies from their own home-screening rooms for a serious fee (its current films on offer include R.I.P.D., Fast & Furious 6, Despicable Me 2 and Blackfish — all well ahead of home video release). Climan — who while at CAA repped the likes of Robert De Niro, Robert Redford and Kevin Costner — joins Sid Ganis, Peter Farrelly, former 20th Century Fox EVP Ira Rubenstein, TK Theaters founder Theo Kalomirakis and marketing executive Lauren Fryefield on the PRIMA board. He will consult on content agreements as well as business and marketing activities. Among his recent endeavors, Climan produced the Martin Scorsese pic The Aviator and was CEO of 3ality Digital, which specialized in developing 3D technologies. He is now president of Entertainment Media Ventures, a company active in media investment and strategic advisory work.
Sandy Climan Joins Board Of Home-Screening Film PRIMA Cinema
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?