Longtime media and entertainment exec Sandy Climan is one of Hollywood’s top deal-makers and now has come aboard as investor and a member of the Board of Advisors at PRIMA Cinema. That’s the nascent company that offers clients exclusive opportunities to watch first-run movies from their own home-screening rooms for a serious fee (its current films on offer include R.I.P.D., Fast & Furious 6, Despicable Me 2 and Blackfish — all well ahead of home video release). Climan — who while at CAA repped the likes of Robert De Niro, Robert Redford and Kevin Costner — joins Sid Ganis, Peter Farrelly, former 20th Century Fox EVP Ira Rubenstein, TK Theaters founder Theo Kalomirakis and marketing executive Lauren Fryefield on the PRIMA board. He will consult on content agreements as well as business and marketing activities. Among his recent endeavors, Climan produced the Martin Scorsese pic The Aviator and was CEO of 3ality Digital, which specialized in developing 3D technologies. He is now president of Entertainment Media Ventures, a company active in media investment and strategic advisory work.
Sandy Climan Joins Board Of Home-Screening Film PRIMA Cinema
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race