Longtime media and entertainment exec Sandy Climan is one of Hollywood’s top deal-makers and now has come aboard as investor and a member of the Board of Advisors at PRIMA Cinema. That’s the nascent company that offers clients exclusive opportunities to watch first-run movies from their own home-screening rooms for a serious fee (its current films on offer include R.I.P.D., Fast & Furious 6, Despicable Me 2 and Blackfish — all well ahead of home video release). Climan — who while at CAA repped the likes of Robert De Niro, Robert Redford and Kevin Costner — joins Sid Ganis, Peter Farrelly, former 20th Century Fox EVP Ira Rubenstein, TK Theaters founder Theo Kalomirakis and marketing executive Lauren Fryefield on the PRIMA board. He will consult on content agreements as well as business and marketing activities. Among his recent endeavors, Climan produced the Martin Scorsese pic The Aviator and was CEO of 3ality Digital, which specialized in developing 3D technologies. He is now president of Entertainment Media Ventures, a company active in media investment and strategic advisory work.
Sandy Climan Joins Board Of Home-Screening Film PRIMA Cinema
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor